Senators strike bipartisan gun safety agreement

3 Likes

I don’t know if it will do anything to stop gun violence but I don’t think it an infringement of our rights and maybe it will bring legislators together to encourage people to find ways to be more responsibly armed and take our defense against evil more serious.

5 Likes

Which part?

7 Likes

I don’t think any part was an infringement of our rights why do you think something was?

3 Likes

This isn’t going to accomplish anything, except chiseling away at our rights. If they do consider the age of 21, next week it will be 32 then 47. Red flag, I don’t like my neighbors, think I’ll call SWAT, his basketball was making way too much noise, and he had a bad attitude when I said something! He seemed unstable!

But by all means keep that gun free zone area gun free! Let’s face it, they don’t care! You really think they care, let’s talk about January 6th. They only care about one thing, destroying the American way of life.

They stood down during two school shootings, gotta admit, they are carrying out their plan! Or should I say they are executing their plan!
They are trying to assassinate Supreme Court justices, with the blessings of senators and house speakers! This is just the opening salvo to a total gun ban by intimidation of Justices and city wide violence! Wait for it!

11 Likes

How about for a start treating adults under 21 differently than adults over 21? Shall we also take away their right to vote until their mental health record is scrutinized? I mean, if they’re psychologically gullible due to their youth, maybe the Russians will unduly influence them.

Also, I’d like to point out that this isn’t about making anything safer, it’s about making people feel safer:

“Families are scared, and it is our duty to come together and get something done that will help restore their sense of safety and security in their communities,” the 20 senators said.

9 Likes

Upholding the law would be a start. Recall all Soros backed DA’s! Get rid of all the traitors to this country!

Feel good legislation is not legislation! If things don’t change in this administration, hold onto your socks, summer is coming. With black outs, lack of food and the highest gas prices ever and the outright invasion from the south. It’s going to make the summer of love look like a high school sit in!

5 Likes

Then I propose that you don’t know what the word infringe means

6 Likes

I think it matters who is responsible to deem them unsafe or unresponsible. I was thinking it would be the gun store owner.

2 Likes

Maybe a newly formed Federal Agency of Responsibility Assessment? An organization who can say: You’re responsible, you may have a gun. You’re not responsible, you may not have a gun.

Yeah, I see what you mean, no infringement there. At all. (He said with extraordinary sarcasm.)

6 Likes

Is it infringement if a person is deemed unsafe. I agree if a person is unlawfully deemed unsafe it is an infringement. Just so you know I now how to look up.:man_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

The 18vs21 thing is actually rather ridiculous. How many time do we hear “Look what he did try that 15 year old as an adult”. The same could be true here, “Sure he has reached the calendar age of 21 years but he still acts like he’s 12…”

5 Likes

So, all 18, 19, and 20 year old adults are categorically unsafe…deemed so because, despite being adults, they are apparently not old enough to have Rights and Liberties yet? Yeah, that’s a major infringement.

For others…who deems them unsafe and what due process is followed before that determination is seen through?

6 Likes

Just the other day we were talking about how a 10 year old is old and mature enough to understand that shooting someone attacking her mother is murder. And now 20 year Olds can’t have rifles? What?

5 Likes

I think everyone is taking this out of context because we don’t know what the context is yet. I can see scrutinizing people because they are legally deemed unsafe. We could argue about who gets to do that. I don’t think a law that explicitly says that someone under the age of 21 who is deemed unsafe shouldn’t have a gun changes that fact. That is why I don’t think it is an infringe on any ones rights. What am I missing?

2 Likes

My goal is to have organized militias. If we can get legislators to start talking about that I think we would be better off.

2 Likes

Then you need to work towards removing existing laws and restrictions, not adding new ones.

7 Likes

What does it mean to be “legally deemed unsafe”?

What that means, what the process is, and who determines it, is everything.

And if I’m not mistaken, processes for that *are already available *

5 Likes

This sounds a lot like Nancy Pelosi on Obamacare: “But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what’s in it…”

However, I think we pretty much know what the context is, what the context always is. How can we take guns out of the hands of law-abiding US citizens?

If you don’t know what the context is, perhaps you shouldn’t be arguing so vociferously for such measures, and stating that you don’t see anything infringing.

10 Likes

As soon as you do the feds are coming over and locking you and your members up.

4 Likes