Scare Tactics?

I’ve gotten very comfortable with the idea that people are going to see me as tin-hat paranoid… right up to the point where it turns out I was prepared and prudent.

Why pack a first aid kit???

1 Like

I agree, @45IPAC. Discussing the need for self-defense can elicit fear because of the very nature of the topic, however we’re not trying to create fear. :confused:

1 Like

To be honest not that many of my anti gun friends know I carry. But every now and then I do hear the, “no one needs a gun for self defense”. The last time fate stepped in and I was there to use it as an example.

A neighbor of mine made the rather forceful statement that no one needs a gun for home defense. Adding the oft parroted statement that “most” people get shot with their own gun.

Knowing where the neighbor lived I mentioned reading in the local paper where a 71year old man and his wife had a young man break into their house and tried to rob them in a home invasion. The old couple were hit a few times before they managed to get their gun and put two or three rounds into the young man. He ran from the home and was found an hour or two later at a hospital with some wounds in the arm and legs.

The old couple were not charged but the young man was arrested. When my neighbor asked where this happened in that oh so smug way I said, “about two blocks from your house.”

I asked how my neighbor would have protected his wife? Was he willing to wait till after the fact to report the crime and trust it wouldn’t have been more serious?

I admit I might not be successful at protecting our home but at least I want the chance to try.

3 Likes

Yup. Right along with the claims that private gun ownership doesn’t stop violent crimes from happening and if you donate to the NRA you have blood on your hands every time there’s a mass shooting.

1 Like

Yeah had something like that happen about 20 miles south of us. Heard about it because i ran into their 85 yr old neighbor at a sales table at the gun show the following Saturday. … where the well intentioned sales guy was trying to sell her a semi auto she couldn’t even rack. (I spent the next 2 hours with her helping her understand what she was buying and what might fit her better. Sometimes you get to do a good deed for a stranger. )
Anyway, her sons had been trying to talk her into a firearm for years. But when her neighbors almost died in a home invasion she got a new understanding of the whole firearm thing.

2 Likes

Yes that is my experience as well. People need to take a long hard look at what is happening around them and assess the need for protection. It is not fear tactics if home invasions are happening and we recommend better locks, maybe alarm systems or video for the outside. The sacred cow seems to be when we suggest any form of armed response to home invasions. and that is only the tip of the iceberg. People think if they follow the rules the bad guys will follow the rules as well. But if you look up the average response time in your city and then look up how long a robbery or break in takes you will quickly see you will be on your own for quite a while before help comes.

3 Likes

Here in Tennessee we have people being car jacked while sitting in their own driveways much less anything else here. It’s not safe anymore, so if you don’t carry you’re just a sheep for the wolves to harvest.

3 Likes

LOL Awesome!!! funny stuff.

1 Like