Scam Websites - Share What You've Found!

Thanks for the info brother @Robert355 :+1::+1:

Yes have seen at least one of these pop up. I reported it

@Robert1116 >>> thanks Robert. Wellcome to the club.

Ive noticed SEVERAL “2A support” online clubs on social media offering “FREE” tshirts or discounted guns and range gear only to overcharge for the item even if they don’t have it in inventory but take your money upfront. Then the company mutates into multiple companies to continue to try and sell you “new” merch. I feel as though they take advantage of clients based off the model Uscca or NRA has and tries to get you to pay monthly to be a “member”. Sorry about all the quote marks but there’s so many of them and how they operate, Im not sure how else to explain it not being legit. It’s insane now with the ammo shortage and possible gun control tightening, they are taking advantage of customer fears.

1 Like

Whole messload

I didn’t realize there was another thread related to the one I posted here:

I did search for similar terms but didn’t search ‘scam’ but rather ‘fake’ websites. Thanks to member jerzy for pointing me here. Below is my post with additional fake websites from the other thread:

Recently I came across a couple gun websites when I was trying to find a best price on an item that has been showing up well above MSRP at many places. I found a couple websites that had big red flags. One red flag is any website that doesn’t seem to want an FFL to ship a gun. Also sites that say they accept crytocurrency is another red flag. I looked into these sites with a “website.com name” scam search on Google and some had very low ratings on places that track the validity and reputation of websites but others seemed to think they were okay.

In a couple cases scam detectors like McAfee and Norton thought they were ‘safe’ but clearly some were not as they had the issue of not requiring an FFL for shipping a gun. Another red flag is a gun or accessory that is too low in price. I saw a couple of those. And recently had an email from Walther arms warning about these 3 sites:

1. WaltherArmsStore.com (FAKE)
  2. WatlherArmsShop.com (FAKE)
  3. WaltherArmsUSA.com (FAKE)

I think some of those have been taken down but one is still up and doesn’t seem to want an FFL to buy a gun. Unfortunately I didn’t save the other ones I found recently to post them here but if you have doubts about any online website just ask here or any of the gun forums to see if others have had issues or not with them.

I also noted the websites I am sure are fake seemed to all have a similar website layout. This one is still up: https://waltherarmsusa.com and is similar to what I saw on other sites. Another thing you can do is run the webites URL on who.is or at https://lookup.icann.org which can show when the website was created and other related info.

Earlier this year I bought a magazine for a gun from www.dpwfirearms.com which turned out to be a big problem. Nothing shipped, could not contact by email for phone. After calling the local sheriff in Eagle Mountain, Utah I found out from the very nice helpful sheriff that they were aware of this guy and he was screwing a lot of people. I know this guy had an FFL and when he finally contacted me after filing a claim with my credit card company he apologized saying he had been sick but based on what the sheriff said I think it was more than just that.

So be careful who you order from online. I suspect many of the fake websites are being run by unscrupulous people outside of the United States.

One other I found : https://bestgunssale.com which accepts ZelloPay, CashApp and PayPal (PayPal does not allow gun purchases) so this is one of the main reasons I’m sure it’s a scam site.

Zelle and cash app are red flags for bad sites
Megafirearmsusa is a fake money theft site,
The prices are too good to be true, they state they have guns in stock, that you should know are nowhere else In the galaxy, also the web activity is dead, no links work , only pictures and messaging,
If you search other sites, you will find Identical photos from other sites have been copied, Then they make contact, phone and want Zelle or some other, untraceable transfer method, (bitcoin)
Total loss of your payments, even might threaten the buyer after the take… Another test for you to try…order a hundred of the guns… site wont reference numbers in stock ! dead giveaway,
Dont give the crook your time a d money.
Signed, Retired armed guard, Mac :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Any online store offering one of these payments is red flagged by me by default.

A 2021-11-25 20-44-48

A 2021-11-25 20-45-27

A 2021-11-25 20-46-31

If you cannot trace your money, you cannot expect return. There is no cancellation, no dispute.
Your money is gone forever.

4 Likes

@ScottH:handshake:

1 Like

now you know :wink:

A 2021-11-29 14-04-55

3 Likes
1 Like

@Todd30 > Hurry Hury >> you could be unfatassed today.

2 Likes

Looks like I’m in and I can keep the New Cadillac and order the new Jaguar I always wanted.

1 Like

@Jerzees >> THIS A GOOD ONE ( true ) = finally got a handgun I’ve been wanting for a long time partly because I found after market grips that I went ass over tea kettle for. When I went to order them it came up as a scam web site.
This is stuff that make Blacky not such a nice guy.

( Ravenwoosgrips.com )

1 Like

Great post. in one of my CCW permit classes from a couple years back, our instructor shared a story of a student who got swindled online from a course claiming to offer her a permit. I saw a similar ad online, an ad which streams across the main page of a free website.

Like the old saying goes, if it looks too good to be true, then it is not.

Stick with legit, vet them, check it out and check w/ city, county and state resources if a permit is needed.

1 Like

Knock offs is another problem I’ve had with Walmart. IE: JBL wireless speaker and, other problems with them.
PS: now I pay attention and look for customer reviews.
FYI: I turn my credit card off when I’m not using it and, it has blocked fraudulent use of my card a few times. I think one time was $250. Of
Groceries, and that gave me a good laugh ; I could just see some turd picking out and loading up all that food and no go at check out - HA HA.
STAY SHARP.

1 Like

Also, be careful with text messages and emails appealing to your sense of wanting to help others. Got a text from someone posing as a family member asking for funds to buy baby formula.

1 Like

This is a website you can use to verify and / or report web scammers:

Be safe.

3 Likes