Safety tips for parens of school-age kids

My adult daughter and I were running errands over the holiday weekend and she said she’d never have a stick family stickers on the back of her car. She pointed to the car in front of us with the stick family stickers and a school bumper sticker on their car. She said, they just gave some creep insight on the age of their kids and what sex each age is. :woman_facepalming: (Yes, she did the facepalm.)

“I won’t advertise my daughter is a student at xyz school so she can be stalked by a pedophile,” she said.

That came back to me earlier this week as I was driving past a school on our first day of school and a lot of cars advertise the school and have stick figure stickers.

What tips do you give parents to help protect their school-age kids?

One of my favorite, get rid of the backpacks with your child’s name on it.

4 Likes

Didn’t we go over something similar in another thread a few months back?

HIDE your flipping electronics, including chargers! No stickers indicating a school or family size, if your significant other is deployed, don’t advertise that either.

2 Likes

Smart daughter…I’ve been reading and YouTubeing Gray Man tactics. The idea is to become invisible in the crowd. Much of this logic can be applied to your family also.

1 Like