Safety Arms Systems startup/crowdfunding

Hey guys,

What do you think of this? i’m not sure I understand when I’d need such a thing and would worry that I couldn’t “unlock” when needed.

https://www.picmiicrowdfunding.com/deal/Safety%20Arms%20Systems/

2 Likes

Dumber than F. Have you ever opted for the hotel room key in your cell phone, and found that it took three minutes or longer to unlock your door?

One state used to have a law that once such a “smart gun” became available, only those could be sold in the state. If I recall correctly, that law was repealed. but it could be passed again.

6 Likes

no thank you don’t need it. i like my gun dumb lol it has all the safety’s it needs and they work just fine. oh and who’s to say if they do come out with this type of firearm that some gov won’t use it to make your firearms not work?

5 Likes

That 100% sounds like California. They are the ones who decided microstamping was a thing so all the new handguns had to have microstamping to make the roster even though zero guns have it

3 Likes

Actually, I think it was New Jersey!

6 Likes

Yes, it is New Jersey, and I believe it is still law. I didn’t research that. Why would they repeal it? :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Somebody saw “low battery” warning on his smart gun… :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

No, it was not the gun that was displaying the “low battery” message, it was the politician that presented that bill and the rest of them that voted for it and signed it into law. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Sounds like another electronic gimmick that would fail when you really need it to work. I think of how often my facial recognition or fingerprint scanned fails to respond on my computer, or how often my smartphone loses connectivity. Not something I’d incorporate with a firearm.

1 Like

California, of course.

I would be more worried about who controlled the software. Is it EMP proof? What if you phone battery is dead? Etc. Attempts at “Smart Gun” technology go back at lease 30-40 years. The early attempts had the shooter wearing a magnetically code ring which activated the unlock mechanism in the firearm. It was an abject failure, failing to work properly more than 75% of the time.

1 Like

The only use I could think of is if you left a firearm home or in the car, and didn’t want kids/bad-guys to be able to use it. Perhaps during the flight if you were flying?