Is California micro-stamping requirement a backdoor ban?

Is California’s micro-stamping requirement really a backdoor ban? Does anyone else think this requirement is to prevent the sale of any new model firearms in the California market?

3 Likes

I think it is and they know it.

3 Likes

They absolutely know that the technology does not exist and will never be implemented.

3 Likes

Is this requirement currently being challenged in court? Are there any briefs filed?

3 Likes

@KenM is usually on top of these things

Of course it is. What guns sold in CA currently have the Microstamping implemented? It is a stupid pipe dream. Pick up brass at the range, keep it in your pocket. After a shooting, pick up your brass and throw down range brass… If the tech works, now you have 1,2,5 or 10 innocent shooters ID’d at the crime scene. Or two or 3 strokes of a file will negate the tech.

They know this, so will implement it, then wring their hands on how they hate guns can’t be sold until the tech catches up.

4 Likes

Yes @momo, it was filed last December and last updated in between February or April of this year titled Pena v Horan. Horan was the acting AG at the time the brief was filed with the Supreme Court that CA has committed a violation to the constitution. A previous filing against AG Harris was upheld years ago in a lower court. So here we are lying in wait.

2 Likes

I agree with all of you, YES, for-sure it’s a back door ban. The technology doesn’t exist and California’s approved gun list is dwindling. If I want to buy a new Glock, it has to be a gen3.

1 Like

Yes it sure seems California’s approved gun list is dwindling and that is absolutely wrong. I for one do not understand how a CZ Scorpion was added to the roster but all of the new CZ polymer (P-07, P-08, P-09, P-10) handguns are banned. :roll_eyes: Pretty sure the CZ Scorpion was not micro-stamped. Can anyone help clarify what is going on?

1 Like

California politicians (Gov Schwarzenegger signed it) are making it a Safety issue. So any of the newer permitted guns to sale needs to have a micro stamping firing pin in it or it’s claimed unsafe to sale new in California. I have not seen any added guns to our Approved list in the last few years, just take-a-ways. Cal Guns and SAF are fighting this in court.

1 Like