Is California micro-stamping requirement a backdoor ban?

Is California’s micro-stamping requirement really a backdoor ban? Does anyone else think this requirement is to prevent the sale of any new model firearms in the California market?

4 Likes

I think it is and they know it.

4 Likes

They absolutely know that the technology does not exist and will never be implemented.

3 Likes

Is this requirement currently being challenged in court? Are there any briefs filed?

4 Likes

@KenM is usually on top of these things

1 Like

Of course it is. What guns sold in CA currently have the Microstamping implemented? It is a stupid pipe dream. Pick up brass at the range, keep it in your pocket. After a shooting, pick up your brass and throw down range brass… If the tech works, now you have 1,2,5 or 10 innocent shooters ID’d at the crime scene. Or two or 3 strokes of a file will negate the tech.

They know this, so will implement it, then wring their hands on how they hate guns can’t be sold until the tech catches up.

5 Likes

Yes @momo, it was filed last December and last updated in between February or April of this year titled Pena v Horan. Horan was the acting AG at the time the brief was filed with the Supreme Court that CA has committed a violation to the constitution. A previous filing against AG Harris was upheld years ago in a lower court. So here we are lying in wait.

3 Likes

I agree with all of you, YES, for-sure it’s a back door ban. The technology doesn’t exist and California’s approved gun list is dwindling. If I want to buy a new Glock, it has to be a gen3.

2 Likes

Yes it sure seems California’s approved gun list is dwindling and that is absolutely wrong. I for one do not understand how a CZ Scorpion was added to the roster but all of the new CZ polymer (P-07, P-08, P-09, P-10) handguns are banned. :roll_eyes: Pretty sure the CZ Scorpion was not micro-stamped. Can anyone help clarify what is going on?

2 Likes

California politicians (Gov Schwarzenegger signed it) are making it a Safety issue. So any of the newer permitted guns to sale needs to have a micro stamping firing pin in it or it’s claimed unsafe to sale new in California. I have not seen any added guns to our Approved list in the last few years, just take-a-ways. Cal Guns and SAF are fighting this in court.

2 Likes

Has anyone examined the current gun roster list? Seems like more manufacturers are dropping off the list. Wonder how many more will fall off the CA list in 2021. Thoughts?

2 Likes