Ruger Max 9

Has anyone here added this to their collection and if so how do you like this newer model? Anything of interest to note on this newer model pistol from Ruger? It seems the architecture is set up to easily add a red dot reticle sight- if you bought this model and added the sight, any issues? Thanks in advance for your thoughts and input.

1 Like

Let’s call out @RUGER9 … if he has it, that means it’s a good firearm. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks Jerzy

Not fired one but being a Ruger I have no doubt it is reliable. Not a bad looking little gun.

2 Likes

I saw this gun compared to the Taurus GX4. The Taurus looks better to me actually and it runs for $400. I am happy with my Glock though, and I’d like to see how the GX4 does over the next couple of years.

It’s exciting to see some micro wonder 9s in affordable packages though!

2 Likes

I have watched several reviews and, of course, as with all reviews they are mixed. I have not fired one but have handled one at a local gun store. It comes with two different sized mags, both have pinky extensions so your entire hand is on the grip. It feels great in my hand, Th model I was checking out had a manual safety which I like. If you’re nor a manual safety fan, it’s good for having the safety while holstering your pistol & then just clicking it off so nor your holstered gun has no engaged safety. I am not buying one because I have four carry pistols that I am very happy with. BTW it has a stock fiber tritium front sight.

1 Like

Thanks for the input RUGER9- much appreciated. I agree on the reviews I have seen as well (mixed). The biggest complaint I have seen so far is the factory setting the screws for the optical plate with too much torque, and the end user stripping the screws trying to get them out to install the red dot, and then back to Ruger it goes for repairs. Every time any of my local stores get them in, they are gone by the time I get there to put one in my hand to see it for myself, so they seem to be a popular new pistol. Thanks again for the reply- best to you.

1 Like

Love my Max 9. It turned into EDC after the first clip. Very similar frame as the LC9 but the grip is a little wider which worked better for my hand. The difference between the Max 9 and the Hellcat was not worth the price difference in my mind.

3 Likes

Lyle- did you put a J Frame optical on it or running with the factory sights? If the former, any issues with the installation? Thanks

Still running factory sights. I really like the tru-glow front sight. Especially in low light conditions. (4:00am no moon clear night)

2 Likes