RSO_USCCA Range Safety Officer Course

USCCA Range Safety Officer Course

USCCA’s Range Safety Officer (RSO) program is designed for those who are working with students, instructors or shooting participants who are focused on the safe and proficient use of handguns.
The USCCA’s RSO certification is a training and leadership program comprised of active and qualified participants who have dedicated themselves to learning and using in-depth knowledge of firearms, safe shooting activities and range operations.

I have enjoyed every time that I get a chance to train on or off the range.

5 Likes

It has been a light day at the office so I used the time to complete the USCCA Range Safety Officer Course about 30 minutes ago. I have been trained to be RSO for different range activities in the past but it was mostly informal. The course was a great review for prior instruction and, as always, there were a few new things that I learned. But now, I have a certification from a recognized authority should I ever need proof!

5 Likes

Where did you find the course MikeBKY ? I have done some searching and I
know I am just not seeing it. A link would be good. Mike_T

4 Likes

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/uscca-info/product/range-safety-officer-online-course/?tID=5e9f1869993c6

4 Likes

Thank you Mr. Mike for all your help. I tread lightly posting that Range Security Officer’s Program
introduction. I enjoyed it very much and I hope it comes in handy to others. With your experience,
the updates and refreshing of information made it worth taking it again. Through out the last 4 years
I have taken 5 E-learning and then any training to improve with rifles and pistols.

Respectfully these comments are not bragging. I have had many good instructors and they all
desire for their students to take responsibility and the challenges to become better educated and
I search for more.

Thank you

2 Likes

I’ll do it tonight when kids are in bed.

3 Likes

@MikeBKY - Thank you so much! Being able to take the course here in USCCA
makes my life so much easier. It will also help my students greatly. Mike_T

4 Likes

I am very happy and pleased that you got the opportunity to take that
course. I have one concern that I received that course from USCCA Training
and I am the one that posted the Subject Title. I left off the web page address,
because the program is NEW and I did not ask for permission to do so.

I talked to Training and all is well, but I only wanted to help, but I jumped the
gun on advertising it. Mr. Mike gave the address of that program and I could of
been in hot water. Best wishes to everyone and the course is a great start.

3 Likes

There’s that old rule that if it is on the internet, everyone in the world knows it. I received it in an email and there was nothing there that would lead me to believe that it was limited, confidential or personal.

3 Likes

Is this a step above the NRA RSO Course or similar? I’m already an NRA RSO.

4 Likes

I’ve taken both, I prefer the USCCA’s classes. I’ve also taken both the NRA’s and the USCCA’s concealed carry class. Our material is better.

I may be bias…:innocent:

I have also heard the same from numerous students.

5 Likes

I second Dawn. The nra stuff is good, but I prefer the USCCA also.

3 Likes

I’ll probably go for it then!

3 Likes

Dawn, I really enjoyed that USCCA RSO Course and I am grateful to get the chance
to have it in my email and it is taken and pass. I enjoy all the USCCA Courses very much.

I look forward to learn more and wish everyone the best in these hard times.

Thank you.

Bill

2 Likes

This E learning course is powered pack that will help you take your hard earned training and years of experience to help other
Firearm Owners stay safe and can help others learn more about their firearm operations on the range.

I know there is much more information on the RSO Training and I know military people would enjoy adding the training to their hobbies of training.

3 Likes

I’ve done that RSO E learning course, I thought it was a great course and a lot of good information. I did the the course on 8/25/20

3 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

Hello Dawn I took the course back in September 2020. Great course and very informative. Is there an expiration date and do you have to test every year?

Do you have to re take the course each year?

I am not aware of any requirement to retake or have refresher courses or other continuing education (CE) for the Range Safety Officer Courses offered by either USCCA or the NRA.

1 Like