Noob Question - RSO Course

Just joined and I’m looking for an RSO or RSS course. Is there one offered through USCCA?

I’ve searched this forum and the web page and can’t find a link for it. Any help is appreciated.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community @Matt30!

I think this is the RSO class you’re looking for. Click here.

Please let me know if you have more questions!

1 Like

Hey Dawn, this is newish. Is there a periodic renewal fee on this like with NRA? I quit the NRA last year.

4 Likes

Welcome to the family brother and god bless you and your family.

2 Likes

This is new-ish! :slight_smile:

At this time RSO certification is indefinite, there aren’t requirements as of now to maintain it.

I have taken the course and was an NRA RSO as well. I’ll be using my USCCA RSO training going forward. I do review my elearning from time to time (in multiple different areas/cerifications) to ensure I’m staying up to date and refreshing my memory on all of the details. I always find something I can improve up on when I review.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply. I think you may have just sold me on it. The NRA RSO cert was actually expensive, because the market value is low and you had to be an NRA member + pay too much for the cert every other year to keep it. It makes more sense to do a one time fee web-based course for this. However, there is something to be said for going "hand on for the training of clearing, malfunctions, and disarming a distressed shooter. But most NRA RSO courses don’t include this, because it isn’t required. Just something you can do in person that you can’t do via the Internet.

3 Likes

Don’t have an answer for you but welcome & thanks for the question. I’m interested in that also

1 Like

I’m curious to know how the USCCA “certifications” are viewed by ranges. Are they even relevant?

1 Like

@Hayser, the USCCA RSO Certification is accepted at the individual range level just like the NRA RSO course as the USCCA is recognized as a National Training Organization.

4 Likes

Great - thanks

1 Like

Thanks for the information Dawn here I also was wondering how to go about maintaining it. Four days ago completed the RSO course. And I loved it. I’m glad I did it and plan to use it at best. Ussca rocks :+1:t4:

1 Like

Welcome to the family and god bless you.

1 Like