RPG Recovered in Hennepin County

From the “Nextdoor” community I live in, pretty crazy what was recovered by the Sheriff. (I can’t link to the original article, you would be asked for a login), so text and pictures below are from the county sheriff’s office post.

I had not heard of auto-sear before. Did i research correctly, that turns a semi-auto handgun into an automatic? I would think that would be hard to control your aim and automatic handgun unless you had a lot of hours in with it.

I’m in Hennepin county, but south of Minneapolis where these items were recovered. I’m on the Nextdoor community to keep an eye on things. Mostly, the community reports of break-ins, car jackings, etc. are all 4-5 miles north of me and mostly porch pirates and garage break-ins closer to me. I guess the time is now to be prepared, which I’m working on.

Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office

We have recovered many illegal weapons over the years, but an RPG is a first!

A fugitive and firearms investigation recently led to the recovery of a suspected RPG-7 (rocket-propelled grenade) round, as well as two handguns, one that was modified with an auto-sear (switch) and a quantity of fentanyl powder. Luckily, the RPG-7 round in this case was an inert round, meaning not an active explosive, but still scary none the less.

The weapons and narcotics were discovered during a search warrant of a Minneapolis residence. Two adult males were arrested during this search warrant and our Violent Offender Task Force (VOTF) Detectives will be further investigating the weapons and narcotics possession. In custody charges were submitted on this matter but deferred by the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office for additional testing and investigation.

We thank our Emergency Services Unit and VOTF for their work in getting these illegal weapons and narcotics off our streets. We also thank our law enforcement partners, the Minneapolis Police Department Bomb Squad and the Minnesota National Guard, for their assistance on this investigation.

6 Likes

Minneapolis. Did you get a… profile of the suspect(s)?
I suspect it has turned into Minnesomalia.

10 Likes

watch he will get more time for the drug charge and less or reduced gun charges.

8 Likes

lol, its an inert Pg-15v training warhead. You can buy them off the internet. Sportsmans guide sold an assload of them

Pg-15v Inert Rpg Training Round New For Sale at GunAuction.com - 12880508

PG-15V Inert RPG Training Round New, Unissued Cold War Era Measures 34.5" Tall and Weighs 8.9 lbs [FC-OT1599SINGLE] - Cheaper Than Dirt

9 Likes

No description has been shared, not yet that I’ve seen anyway.

3 Likes

Yea, a non-story then regarding the RPG. Some folks have made similar comments in one posting I saw (the story is being picked up and repeated by several outlets).

4 Likes

Believe it or not, that auto sear was available on wish, as part of a kit to turn your airsoft Glock 19 into a carbine.

That was before Glock had even authorized anyone to make an airsoft replica!

I don’t own a Glock 19, and would trust wish as far as I could throw them, add to the fact that if it works it’s probably more than just one felony to possess.

They also had a bunch of “fuel filters” of various sizes, right… fuel filter….

Suffice to say I ignored the links when my buddy sent them to me asking if I thought they were real.

7 Likes

I’ve seen those inert training rounds offered in a number of places online. Nothing illegal or threatening about them as far as I can tell.

I’ve heard of the sears being offered online and potentially gaining some popularity among the drug gang crowd. But even in well trained hands I can’t imagine a full auto handgun being very controllable or useful. But I guess having one might make a worthless drug dealer feel a little less pathetic than they really are even though it doesn’t change that fact.

9 Likes

if you know how to run them and shoot them in 3-4 round bursts they really are not that bad to control. I cant find it at the moment, but there used to be a demo video of one of the team glock female shooters running one in an IDPA style course lol. A good majority of the wish/temu switches and “Solvent traps” at this point are ATF bait.

7 Likes

TRUTH! Matt (sorry RangeMatt :innocent:)
In my ‘Wreck room’ :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I have a German Potato masher, a M67 and a MK2 (pineapple)
ALL Inert of course (that would be ILLEGAL! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:)
It don’t mean nuthin’ No story here, No fear.

Now the drugs and the ‘auto sear’ I know nothing about those things zero, zip
Never owned a Glock. But stories like this ramp up the FEAR towards us Gun Owners and THAt is what this is all about. My opinion
Mi dos pesos
adonde nosotros vamos uno nosotros ir todo!!!
Nessun passo sul serpente

5 Likes

Is that an illegal weapon? Looks like a book end or a door stop to me.

4 Likes