Responsible Citizen or Reckless Vigilante?

I aggre, he had me until he pulled the race card. Unfortunately I have noticed the most racist (by verbiage) among us are black and the most violent BLM protestors are white college age kids. I did college in my 40’s and I was amazed at the “social justice” I was forced to deal with. Not facts, not science but opinions of the professors “Describe why racism is the leading factor in elementary school dysfunctional learning” No kidding that was a Q2 question . I railed against the teachers unions and received a"C" I appealed and got an “A” . Personally I think they just wanted the money and hit the easy button. Sometimes I wish I did brick and mortar school graduate work just to get in the face of the vested professors spouting crap from the 70’s that have never been outside the ivy walls. Rodney Dangerfield comes to mind.

Cheers,

Craig6

4 Likes

Ah yes, the ivory towers academia…
I had a few post military one on ones with some tenured professors myself.

2 Likes

This should shed some light for some here: https://newstalk1130.iheart.com/featured/vicki-mckenna/content/2020-08-28-walt-joins-vicki-mckenna-to-talk-about-the-kyle-rittenhouse-situation/

I was wondering what he was doing with a long gun myself but this interview clears up a few things.

If our Governor had done his damned job, this probably wouldn’t have happened. Our Lt Governor is no better for his incendiary comments within minutes of the original shooting breaking. Our Atty General is a worthless POS. He’s hiding under his desk so he doesn’t get dirtied, he wants to run for Governor in the future.

I told my son weeks ago that one of these “peaceful protesters” was going to go after the wrong person and get dropped. Well, it happened. I’m just sorry for this young man, he’s going to experience a world of crap for trying to help.

3 Likes

@Kevin29 To be clear, those that lost their lives paid the price for their actions as they should have. There is no question. The background of those clown are icing on the cake as our society is better off without them. They are not receiving a pass simply because that was not mentioned. I have a hard time believing that he thought going to Kenosha was a good idea. To grab a gun, get in a car, go to a hot spot because he had a gun and to exit the vehicle…to do what? He ruined his life. There were many other ways a 17 year old could have made an impact yet he may lose his freedom.

A good break down video.

3 Likes

He did not grab a gun and get in a car… he was already in Kenosha, he worked there as a lifeguard. He also went after work to help clean graffiti off of the high school. I have seen reports that state he did not bring the rifle across state lines, but have not yet seen where the rifle came from or who gave it to him.

3 Likes

I have watched the videos and listened to several commentators regarding the alleged offender and the alleged victims. I will start off with the disclaimer that THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE.
Everyone has opinions regarding whether Rittenhouse should have been in Kenosha, whether he should have had a rifle and whether he should have been protecting the businesses he was protecting. In my personal opinion, it was not the most prudent thing he could have done. But, unless the state can come up with some alternative evil motive for his presence, whether is was the best decision or not has no legal effect. Your Constitutional rights, subject to applicable federal, state and local laws, travel with you within the United States and its territories.
It should also be noted that the alleged victims past criminal history should not play a part in whether Rittenhouse was defending himself or not. All that should be considered are the actions of each leading to the shooting of each person. The fact that they are all felons was not known by Rittenhouse and had no bearing on why he fired his weapon.
I think the facts now show that he had connections with Kenosha separate from just going into the town as a vigilante and he did not randomly go to some far away town to cause trouble.
Were the shootings self defense? I think the biggest issue we hear is that him being there in some way means he instigated the confrontations and makes him an initial aggressor. That is not the case. Based on what I saw in the videos, Rittenhouse was being attacked in some way by each of the victims when he shot them. I think he had a valid claim of self defense with respect to the homicide and related charges. I think he does have a problem with the firearms possession charge, but that is minor in the grand scheme of things.

18 Likes

This is YouTube link to Colion Noir, 2nd amendments proponent and attorney.

Based on facts as understood a few days after Rittenhouse shootings. Explanation with video step by step.

Hope this helps.

7 Likes

@OldSchlPunk Thank you for sharing the interview with us. “Walt” provided an interesting perspective with us. An insider view of concerned citizens just trying to help out. I will retract my earlier statement about Kyle being a “confused kid”. Seems like he is genuinely a good young man trying to help others. Kept his head on straight throughout the night. He tried turning himself in to the Kenosha police and told them he had shot someone. Apparently, the Kenosha police pepper sprayed him. Upon his return to his hometown he immediately went to his police department to report the incident. “Walt” also said the partially “peaceful” protestors were throwing ammonia-chlorine binaries on the rooftop to try poisoning the guys on over-watch. I viewed a couple of hours of non-stop video of that night trying to pick-up on TTPs of the partially “peaceful” protestors. They were looking for a violent engagement with anyone that might oppose them. Has the local DA charged Gaige Grosskreutz for felony possession of a firearm? His organization, People’s Revolution Movement, seems harmless enough (sarcasm).

2 Likes

@OldSchlPunk
Thanks for posting the radio interview. It really clears up some questions and adds a lot of background to this mess.

2 Likes

I watched Colion Noir’s video last night. I cannot disagree with his conclusion. He’s the lawyer! :+1:t5::v:t5:

3 Likes

Cooler heads prevail. Thank you.

I think I was trying to say this same thing, but did not come across as well as you. If what I said did not come across anywhere close, then that was my error.

2 Likes

There is a difference between being a loudmouth and being ready to work for your people and sacrifice for them.

3 Likes

“Where Rittenhouse went wrong was in having compassion for his soulless enemies. He did not have the wisdom to understand his circumstances. He still thought he was a free man in this country.”

I wouldn’t have gone so far as to say soulless. Heartless would have been a better term.

1 Like

Hey Tyler, I sure can. This kid didn’t have a dog in this hunt. His family wasn’t threatened. His house wasn’t threatened. He wasn’t accosted by some random stranger. He traveled across state lines to carry a firearm into a protest full of scumbags and scofflaws. He made a choice to put himself in harm’s way.

He never should have needed to pull that trigger in the first place.

1 Like

So your position is… if parts of your country start to burn in the fires of insurrection, do nothing? Where is your start point? Your front door? That’s not why the second amendment was written. Community policing is not JUST the job of the police. National defense is not JUST the job of the military.

He didn’t have to go. He made a choice to. He was concerned for his country. He rendered medical aid, put out a dumpster fire, then things went south. He didn’t ask for it. He was prepared for it.

Sure, maybe no one had to be shot… maybe just a few more buildings could have been burned instead. Where is the line?

Surely, as a gun owner, you can understand where Kyle may have been coming from.

4 Likes

He wasn’t protesting > he says he was defending. Chose to because, I imagine, as many of us we’re getting fed up with allowing the paid anarchists to continue looting in DEMONRAT cities and towns and until they get a proper spanking it will continue…

2 Likes

Here come the Politicos:

2 Likes

@Tyler35, I do. I do understand where he was coming from. He’s a good kid. But the Rambo model … going it alone … isn’t going to get it done. Especially when the Rambo is a young kid short on experience. A coordinated group of like-minded patriots is a totally different story.

2 Likes

That retelling, wow. Horrific situation. Difficult to imagine being in that situation, not just the kid, but all of them that were there protecting the business and helping the injured. “Walt” stated they threw ammonia and bleach bombs at them, those on the roof, and other chemicals, etc. Sadly, the police pepper-sprayed Rittenhouse when he approached them, trying to turn himself in. “Walt” stated Rittenhouse was there with his brother (an adult) and that made his carrying legal in WI. He also stated that Rittenhouse was with his mother and turned himself in to the police in his home town as soon as he got back. The DA needs to be removed from office and disbarred, and any other official involved in this treachery needs to be removed from office and prosecuted - disgusting that they have done this while those rioters are roaming free.

7 Likes