Replies in a thread

Who is running the web design? Why can’t a reply be tagged to the post? Instead the reply goes to the bottom of the thread, why…why…why?

2 Likes

I can see where it could be a benefit in some cases. But a lot of these threads can go on and on. I often don’t read them in one sitting and even if I did there will be new posts added over time.

When I open up a thread it usually brings me to the last post I read so I can continue reading where I left off and not miss parts of the conversation.

It can get confusing though since sometimes you don’t know specifically what is being responded to without clicking on the original poster’s image in the upper right corner. That is why I usually try quoting at least part of what I am responding to in order to make my response clearer.

6 Likes

Like this

7 Likes

There’s got to be a better way…

WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY :exclamation:

5 Likes

Basically every forum I’ve ever been on, that is how they work

Linear

It’s nice that you can scroll, one line, and you don’t miss anything

As mentioned above you can highlight/select part of a post and then hit reply and it quotes it

7 Likes

In some instances you lose the thought train of a comment when unrelated comments are intertwined.

2 Likes

Just venting on my part I guess

2 Likes

That can happen

But when the thread isn’t linear, like on Reddit, you totally and completely miss entire thought trains, or have them going concurrently in triplicate and forget which person was in which train and which train had which prior comment in it, etc.

5 Likes

They are.

1 Like

It’s really not so bad as long as people at least hit the reply button under a post when replying to that post instead…that way others can see it/click up to the exact post that was being responded to, even if they don’t do the highlight and quote part of it

5 Likes

I’ve hit the reply on post and occasionally it doesn’t show who the reply is tagged to.

1 Like

If you hit the blue reply button, it is added to the bottom as a reply to the thread in general. If you select the black reply on the post you are replying to, it should show that poster in the right corner of your post.

If you highlight part of a post (an dselect quote from the pop up), it should include that.

3 Likes

Blue button reply.

2 Likes

Black button reply.

4 Likes

Small text quoted.

2 Likes

When your reply to a post ends up directly under the post you are replying to it doesn’t show what the original post you are replying to was. I guess because they assume that the person reading your post also just read the post above. But I agree this can be confusing and it still should show a link to that post so it is clear that you are responding to a specific post and not making a general comment or responding to some other post.

3 Likes

My newer G43 which i did install a new OEM trigger soring is now not reseting the teigger after firing. If i rack 3 or 4 times it will reset but not automatically. I assume the triger spring is the issue but it looks fine

Is the forward end of your G43 trigger bar cruciform inserted into the trigger spring assembly exactly how it was prior to replacing the trigger spring?

1 Like

Why would you circumcise your trigger? :scream:

You’re 1/2 word from being blocked and removed. lol

2 Likes