Renew your permit?

Wisconsin has had concealed carry since 2011. The permits last for 5 years before you have to renew. I had to renew my permit for the first time two years ago. It was painless online with the obligatory government fees. I had the new permit in hand in less than a week.

Have you renewed? How was the renewal experience?

Not sure how to renew your permit you can find details on our reciprocity map: www.uscca.com/laws

1 Like

Still waiting on my original permit. Turns out when they say, “phone number including area code,” they don’t want JUST the area code. :man_facepalming: Clearly I wasn’t thinking that day… It’s been a month since I mailed it in, and only 4 days since I resent it. I’m hoping I’ll have it by Christmas.

UPDATE: guess what came in the mail today!!! :man_dancing:

2 Likes

One of my Texas friends just put in his renewal online - took him about a minute. I’ll report back on update time when it comes in :smiley:

1 Like

Between our first Georgia permits and renewal we moved counties so the process was a new agency and locations. The Sergeant who took our applications and did the conformational prints was professional and amicable. We were in and out within an hour and the County’s Probate Court processed and mailed out our documents in good order. One difference of note, Stockbridge County had an electronic printing system, our current residency was still using ink and cardboard forms. I’ll be coming due for renewal again shortly. Five year cycle.

2 Likes

Just have to take a class, shoot and qualify, send info online and pay the fee. 30 or 60 days I think? Mine expires in about a year, so will have to see how early they say to send in the stuff.

1 Like

Oregon is another visit to the County Sherrifs office…

Anyone renew a Utah Permit as an out of state?

Mine is up in about a year…

1 Like

That’s hilarious, @Terence1! Glad you “jinxed” yourself in a good way!

2 Likes