Ccw renewal delays

Start your ccw renewal early. There is up to a 6 month delay on getting your renewal!!!

7 Likes

Really, and everything else that law-abiding citizens have to qualify for while criminals sit back laughing while illegally buying guns/ammo cheap if not five-finger discount, enjoy carrying concealed (no license required) conveniently exercising the right to bare arms. CRAP!!! :rage:

3 Likes

I went into Seattle to re-new my CCP and found out when I got there you need to have an appointment. The guy at the counter asked me if I was a first time regersterer and I told him I was renewing. He took my information and sent me on my way saying it will be in the mail in two weeks. I got it in two weeks.
Guess it was my lucky day.

8 Likes

I have been waiting 3 months so far. They told me that it could take up to 6.

2 Likes

What state do you live in, if I may ask?

1 Like

NC. Not all of the counties are that slow.

3 Likes

Even crazy California doesn’t take that long, you just need to follow County instructions. Everything’s so organized.

2 Likes

Hopefully there won’t be further delay on your CCW renewal because of hurricane Ian.

There are delays here in AZ also. Took me over a month longer than the stated maximum time. Fortunately AZ is also constitutional carry but I had over a month of no reciprocity with other States and had a couple of added restricted areas in AZ as well.

4 Likes

Which state?

However, once you apply and receive a confirmation, it’s good enough.

1 Like

My sheriff in NC does a great job. I have went through a few renewals once got it back in little over a week

2 Likes

Yeah there are few that do a good job with it

1 Like

What county in NC? My boyfriend got his in a couple of weeks but he is in a different county. Time to move. Lol.

1 Like

Mine took about 1.5 weeks when I renewed it a month ago.

Varies considerably by state.

Hopefully we can get more and more states into permitless carry aka Constitutional carry. Not all states believe in the Rights and Liberties protected by the Second Amendment fully at this time…but we are halfway there!

2 Likes

My wife took her CCW class at the beginning of March this year.
I took mine two weeks later at the end of March.
I received my CCW card the beginning of June.
My wife received hers yesterday :roll_eyes:
…and only after reaching out to them asking what the hold up was. Three days later she had it.
This is in AZ

2 Likes

Caswell

1 Like

I wish mine was that easy.

Regina Guyot

1 Like

Meck county?

Regina Guyot

1 Like

It seems that larger areas take more time it seems. They probably place the blame on number of customers they deal with :us:

2 Likes