Red Dot for S&W M&P 9m Shield EZ?

Levi2, forgive me if this is a stupid (I’m a newbie) question, but what type of company would do that for my EZ. If it was possible to have the Holosun AND keep my rear sight that would be awesome! :slight_smile:

1 Like
2 Likes

No worries, it’s not stupid at all. Here’s two examples of the type of company you’re looking for:

1 Like

You have mentioned astigmatism…
I didn’t know it might be my issue… so far my eyes have been in good shape.
I used Holosun red that looked like star, then tried Leupold red with the same result.
I switched to green chevron from Holosun and it worked better…even the chevron was doubled…
The reason I recommend Trijicon now is that RMR and SRO don’t give me any “star” effects… It’s pure nice, sharp dot.
So even expensive… definitely worth the money.

2 Likes

I would buy an additional model that comes optics ready or send the slide to a machine shop to do an optics cut on the one you have, optic in front of the rear sight to allow for BUIS

1 Like

My recommendation is to first master your iron sites. Ten rounds into a 3" circle at 4 yds would be a good indication. While you are working on this read and watch videos to develop a realistic expectation of what you want to achieve with your optic. When you are ready to buy go for the best you can afford. There is rarely any good bargain optic.

2 Likes