Recommendations!

So it’s winter time and I’m wearing sweat pants. What holster do you guys use with sweatpants would sticky holsters be a good one? Trying to find a cheap solution! I have a Glock 43 with TLR-6

1 Like

I think belly band would be better…

9 Likes

I do recommend the sticky holster but don’t recommend pocket carry with Glock 43 with a TLR6. I pocket carry with a Sticky Holster and sweat pants with a Ruger LCP 2 380 auto.

3 Likes

I second @Danny28 with the carrying choice for sweatpants.

Modular Belly Band Package by CrossBreed has been recommended few times already on other threads. This one meets all good and secure hostler requirements.

2 Likes

I am guessing you wear a shirt also? 511 makes some shirts with pockets inside to carry in. Otherwise, as someone mentioned, best bet a belly band in my opinion.

3 Likes

I 2nd Jersey who seconded Danny. So I guess I third Danny. Belly bands are awesome, but you will want Kyle’s in the belly band for safety and accessibility.

2 Likes

I have to agree with the belly band here’s a link for one on sale for $14.95 in two colors, TG-HC106N, TG-HC106B
Also I agree with @johnnyq60 I pocket carry a Beretta Tomcat 32 auto in a sticky holster works great.

1 Like

Tufforce belly band IS NOT like CrossBreed. I would even say that Tufforce has nothing to be a holster… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Please see difference:

CrossBreed

Tufforce

A 2020-12-20 22-53-45

1 Like

Looks like a good one @Jerzees , just depends on what someone can afford. Like most others I’ve got draws full of holsters from over the years, great ones to junk :joy:

1 Like

I’m just a person who value my life. I’m also trying to show other that sometimes it is better to spend more money for better quality gear, than buy cheap, find it non-functional and spend another money.
Bad holster can be a disaster when it doesn’t function as suppose to…

We all know 4 safety rules and are following them. But these rules applies when we keep firearm in our hands.
We have to think about the safety when the firearm is in the holster as well. Crappy holster doesn’t give any sense of security.

2 Likes

Everyone should have a good holster. I’m sure many of us have a drawer full of them.

2 Likes

Love it… skinnier, locked and loaded. What else would any woman ever ask for? :grinning:

1 Like

I use a fanny pack

1 Like

I wear sweatpants almost everyday. Long as they have drawstrings my soft pouch holster works just fine.

1 Like

Soft mushy fabric between the trigger and the rest of the world can be a recipe for disaster. My LCP2 came with a sticky holster that seems thick enough to keep the trigger from being pulled in most situations. I have tried some pocket and belly band holsters in the store that are so thin you can pull the trigger while it is in the holster. Trigger could also be activated if you bump into something the wrong way. For pocket carry I prefer something like the kydex ones form Alabamaholster.com. Have never considered belly band before because of the weak trigger coverage. The crossbred holster that @Danny28 @Jerzees posted looks like a winner though. May give it a try!

2 Likes

I completely disagree with you. I have used soft holsters the entire time I’ve been a concealed carrier. My particular holster stays in between my pants and my back and I sit down in my van with it, on my couch and regular chairs. I’m never ever had a problem at all. As for your sticky holsters I would say they’re probably the worst holster to get unless you got a small gun to go in your pocket. As for putting in between your sweatpants and your body, doesn’t really work very well, that’s just my opinion of course

1 Like

Definitely wasn’t recommending a sticky holster for in the waistband! I don’t even feel completely comfortable with them in my pocket which is why I prefer the kydex as mentioned above. But lots of people use those soft sided holsters and belly bands with no problems. For me, if I can make the trigger work through the holster, which usually becomes easier as they get worn in over time, then there is a chance that the trigger can go off if something else pokes it there. I don’t want that to happen while I’m bushwhacking through the woods, carrying something, struggling with a thug or playing with my son no matter how slight the chance.

2 Likes

I understand what you’re saying. I do keep an eye on holster wear and make sure there is no thin spots.

2 Likes

Even though I carry a Sticky Holster most days, I’m not a fan of the SH/sweatpants combo. You need something with positive retention, perhaps a belly band or chest holster. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

With jogging pants… I go Off-Body carry… Even with my trusted CHAMPION brand

But, I’ve heard, as others suggest, that Sticky Holsters work well. I know a guy who owns & uses one. I have no experience with them. Just don’t do the Plaxico Burress thing.

:v:t5:

1 Like