Range targets - show them off!

5.56 reloads 69 grain BTHP Off Hand standing

3 Likes

My daughter had her first day of shooting.

9 MM 25 feet

4 Likes

Ruger  target
Ruger 10/22 75 feet 40 rounds. I suppose my 45 revolver at 10 feet would have made the same hole with six rounds.

5 Likes

5 Likes

I usually use a minimum of two targets on a static line… I like to use 3-4 on static line when space is open

3 Likes

My son in-law and I went to the range.He was shooting his Kimber and l was shoot my RIA 10mm.All the headshots are the 10 at thirty five feet moderate fire.

4 Likes

That’s a beautiful setup. :+1:t3::us:

2 Likes

Glock 17

2 Likes

Two to the red one to the head, rinse, repeat, roughly! These targets no longer used by me or by family, friends or students.
There is no “X” on the human body!
I prefer to call the shots to the correct body part as seen below.

Except for the head, the black dots represent disabling hits.
( IMHO head shots are dead shots )
Double tap at lower left torso, one for kidney, one for liver!
Just kidding, don’t know why I doubled it!

All 50 yards 223 75GR hollow point offhand.

5 Likes

That looks like it would be fun to shoot!

3 Likes

Elbow is a disabling shot? I’m not so sure about that. Possibly an exceedingly difficult shot in the real world as well with how much movement an arm can have and how narrow a target it can be

On this topic, for members or Concealed Carrier Magazine subscribers, I recommend, as a starting point, the article on page 76 of the Nov/Dec 2021 issue of Concealed Carry Magazine

3 Likes

If you’re referring to the Tavor, you have no idea!
It did take several weeks to get used to an 11 lb trigger!
You can literally shoot this puppy, one handed!

I have to agree with @Nathan57 that making the elbow shot would be difficult, but then again in that hostage situation any shot would be difficult! Unless professionally trained and practiced.

The only time we’re going to know if we did it right, is if we survive the particular situation and truthfully I don’t want to experience that.

Admittedly, we take our time on the range! We try and hone skills and muscle memory in case of an event. I do hope that if ever faced with that situation I could stop the threat, without injury to someone else. IMHO I’m not sure that during an extremely deadly encounter that aim per se, is a big factor. Two people can attest to that Zimmerman who fired from retention and Rittenhouse who fired while backpedaling! I’m fairly certain that they weren’t thinking about a red “X” or a one inch black dot. The only thing that went through their head was, how do I live through this?

4 Likes

Shot placement is the #1 factor in stopping a determined attacker, for sure (bullet penetration #2)

As for that case, Zimmerman was on his back with Martin on top of him/mounted when the shot was fired at nearly muzzle contact distance. Z was certainly not thinking about aiming/using sights because the two were literally lying one on top of the other on the ground, which certainly happens, but in the majority of defensive gun uses that is not the scenario

I do agree with the gist of what you’re saying, I think, a 1" target is, IMO, way too small to be overly relevant for self defense.

“Accurate enough, always faster” is the name of the game as they say

5 Likes

Thank you. We had a storm Thursday, could practice shooting from a canoe.
IDK, might come in handy. :joy:

2 Likes

You never know! Those dang pirates are everywhere these days. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Goofing around today with a 22 semi-hauto out to 200 yards. I was using 36 grain bulk pack cheap stuff. 100 yard zero and used 2 MILs hold off at 150 yards. 5 MILs at 200. The photo is 10 rounds at 200 yards.

8 Likes

The old lady,stepson and I had a blast at Isc in Ky.She hadn’t ever shot a 44 magnum…she did well.

5 Likes

Nope still some red on the target. You don’t win the uni-corn this time. :joy:

4 Likes

3 Likes

One from today

3 Likes