Range targets - show them off!

Well that didn’t work and the app is being less than perfect today let’s try again

6 Likes

I know I need glasses…
Were you shooting a 17 hmr? Maybe a 14 flea?

4 Likes

Nathan 57
I was gonna private message you and ask about shot timers, but you know, the thing.

2 Likes

I’m still liking the blue competition electronics I have had for years. New modle has Bluetooth and costs more apparently

I didn’t see a large enough preview on the first pic lol, that was accidentally taking a pic instead of starting a video, is why that even exists

3 Likes

I just thought it was going to be a before & after thing.

3 Likes

A couple from yesterday:

24/24 @ 30’ on a 7” paper plate.
This is a before & after — it helps with the pre-existing holes.

And for fun, some cowboy fast draw. My times suck compared to the champions hitting in 0.373 sec, but then again, they’re firing at a 17-3/16” target.

5 Likes

@Todd30 >>

7 Likes

From today, first time shooting with Precision 22lr at 50yds

Getting into precision with 22lr.

9 Likes

50 rounds and the Wife did the head shot! She wanted to make sure it was not a zombie!

8 Likes

Family Super Mozambique drill… 50 to the chest, one to the head. :wink:
Did you use the same firearm?

3 Likes

I used my .45 Banshee, She used her Sig Sauer P-365-X

6 Likes

Testing different ammo in 22lr @ 50yds

Rapid dump 50rds @ 50yds with 5 10rd mags in Ruger precision without trying to be precise with bulk armscore ammo.

8 Likes

Nice job on the zombie! Isn’t it amazing how different rounds make a difference when shooting?

4 Likes

Good shooting “Tex” ! Well Done.
BUT - I am guessing Slow, Carefully Aimed Fire ? On a Flat, Inside, Well-Lit range?
Problem is “Real” Gun Fights Don’t happen that way. NOT trying to be critical - Just Inform/Advise , “Add To” your skill sets. For a Real Life encounter.
“Real Gun Fights” generally follow the FBI “Rule of 3’s” - Happen at 3yds(Say 10ft), Last for only 3 Seconds, and 3 Shots are Fired. And Very Dynamic - Everyone moving. Often in Low Light and a “Surprise Attack”. Can be a Truely Terrifying Experience.
For a “Street Reality Ck” - Try This - Shooting 1rd/sec(Or Less)(Even 3rds/Sec) - like a “Real Fight”. NOT trying to be Critical - Just - Inform/advise. In a “Real Fight” your “Draw Time” will also be Critical.
SO 3 Seconds to Draw “AND” Put 3 Shots inside say an 8in circle(High Center Chest area) at say 10ft in 3 Seconds - or less. Yes I know most ranges will Not Allow “Drawing a Gun” to shoot. But it is a critical Skill Set.(Im Guessing - You Dont walk around with a “Gun in your Hand”), so allow 1 sec for Draw, so shoot time will be 2 sec for 3 rds. Me ? State and DHS Certified Instr/ Long Time - Action Defensive Competition Pistol Shooter. And some “Real Life” experience being “Shot At” - its a Terrifying Thing - so you need to factor these things in - for your Practice sessions for “Real World” Defensive Shooting. If that is of interest/concern to you.

1 Like

ps As the trial showed - Martin was straddled on top of Zimmerman trying to pound Zimmermans head on the Concrete Walkway. “I” would call that a “Deadly Threat”. For “Defensive” gun use - it is generally cosidered if you put 2 rds of major caliber - say 9mm and up in High Center Chest - say an 8in clrcle - it will “Stop Most Threats”.

1 Like

Three 14 round magazines, one loaded with Golden Sabre hollow points, (40 S&W), rapid fire (for me), alternating targets almost every shot, occasionally a double tap:

I started each magazine with Double Action (DA) and decocked periodically through each magazine to start at DA again. I completely missed the target on the first DA shot and hit low with subsequent DA shots.

Edit: distance was 5 yards/15 feet

4 Likes

Same drill except with left target low and right target high. All ammo was Sig 365 FMJ (9mm), and of course 7 rounds/magazine:

… Single Action (SA) only

4 Likes

Two mags of 25 rounds using a red dot. It was rapid controlled fire. Two goals. Heat up silencer and see how everything functions with silencer.
I am sure if I did slow carefully aimed fire the hole would have been smaller.
I feel as though Military experience has already taught me combative shooting.
It is a good point for others to realize that just shooting target and punching holes in them is not realistic.

3 Likes

Started off shoot two, move 6’ shoot 2 more. Need more work on that. Ended up doing the 5-5-5 drill

Right side target

Left side target

No cows were hurt in the making of these.

6 Likes

Hmmmm Mr. Todd ; looks like you got your head and ass wired together, Wow.
Good show.

2 Likes