Range Shooting Glock43

@DavidM58 Here is a visual difference of my grip on my G43 between not having a magazine extension vs. with a pinky grip extension.

Without the extension… a two finger grip, with my pinky finger resting under the magazine.

With the extension… a three finger grip, with my pinky finger on the grip.
That extra finger will give you a much better grip that will result in greater accuracy.

Another option is an aftermarket 7 round magazine. It will give you that extra grip as well. Hope this helps.

Note: Pay no attention to my thumb position. I was having difficulties doing two things at once. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Thanks jerzy will do

When I bought my gun it came with one mag with the pinky exten that absolutely helps on my grip

1 Like

Lol that’s funny

@DavidM58 Then use the Amazon link I provided above and buy one for each magazine. You won’t be sorry.

I don’t see the link ?

Pearce Grips Extension, for Glock 43, Black Amazon.com

Kinda weird that buying a bundle is more expensive than just buying just the one and changing to a higher quantity.

1 Like

Thanks going to check it out know - it works well with yours ?

Perfect. I wish I had done it months ago. They are a pretty easy install. YouTube has several video for a DIY.

1 Like

I just ordered it thank you very much

1 Like

David, there are great tips and replies…and you are not too old to join the shooting arena! I am a 64 yo lefty, my mrs is a righty. The 43 is a great gun, so am not knocking it one bit, and the tips above are ALL spot on. I have enjoyed reading them all. I have big hands and so does the mrs, we have tried every gadget known to reduce the recoil and build accuracy. Neither one of us can shoot it comfortably. Some guns just work right for different people, and again I never want to knock any firearm. I have a 17 that is more comfortable, but still carry the 226sao sig legion. The 365 I can shoot more comfortably than the 43, therefore that is me. Keep up your practice, keep shooting, become one with your new tool, and have fun!

3 Likes

@SKIdaho That is the best advice on this thread. :+1:

Thank you I agree good advice and good people - I appreciate the info - I started this as a winter hobby - lol am so into this now and with the help of this group it’s been a great move - I did a lot of shopping with no brains - I wish I could have test drove some of them - I do like my G43 it’s sleek and a great CC gun. When I master this one I will definitely shop for another with the suggestions of this group

1 Like

My son has carried a G27 (similar size subcompact, but chambered in 40 S&W) for many years. I have shot it at the range once. It is a very reliable firearm, but my range session would be very short if that was the only gun I brought - the recoil is borderline brutal. My hands and shoulders were already hurting pretty bad that day, but could still hit a pie plate at 10 yards, which is plenty good enough for self defense. We had three other “full size” handguns with us that day, Two 40S&W and one 45ACP. The groups in the pie plate were better with the three other handguns.

My son doesn’t disagree with my evaluation, but in his words “if I ever need it, I will not even notice the recoil”.

3 Likes

but in his words “if I ever need it, I will not even notice the recoil”.

I like that statement!!! That is true. You may not know if you fired your weapon.

Again, as a glock owner, I have enjoyed the tips, and have learned a few things in the posts above!!!One of the great concepts we have is the many choices of firearms!!! How boring would this be if we only had a couple of choices.

1 Like

David, when the shut down is over, take some classes. The mrs and I have taken many in our journey to be at the stage where we are now, and we are still learning and training. We have some top training scheduled for this summer, and our bucket list, some day, is to train at the Sig academy. The mrs and I have had fun as a couple training.

1 Like

You might want to check out this post as well:

1 Like

Hey Ski I agree I have done extensive efforts to get some all around training but no-one is open for that now - lucky me the shooting range is :slight_smile: and this Community

1 Like

Good Afternoon and Good Morning to some !

Update on Range Experience, with the input/advice/suggestion from this group and YouTube, I have learned so much

My Range experience went great, My Aim has improved dramatically, After 50 rounds / Target 20 Feet 75% were grouped on 9 - 2 of those Center, the rest were in the 8/7. I would say the grip was a big factor, Thank you all for the input

7 Likes

:ok_hand:

congrats

2 Likes