Range Bag Dump: Shot Timer?

I’ve never used a shot timer, but I’ve heard a lot about them. Kevin talked about them in an older Into the Fray:
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/meet-shot-timer/

How do you use a shot timer in your training? Which one would you recommend?

1 Like

I use them to teach with. The beep is the start signal and it records first through however many shots there after. Some folks say the beep creates a a Pavlovian reflex but I’m not so sure it’s just a noise that indicates when to start. The unknown start time will induce a bit of stress that is easily overcome but I keeps things random within the time delay window you can set.
I use the IDPA Shot Timer App on my phone as opposed to a stand alone unit. Free and it works.

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

I HATE shot timers! They make me look bad. :grinning: I guess it is a love/hate relationship. Excellent training tool. Add in some friendly competition, and you will really see what you need to work on. I don’t own one yet, my main shooting buddy has one, not sure what brand or model.

1 Like

@Fred_G To miss-quote Mad Eye Moody “You have a … PHONE” :rofl:

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

I have this one:
DAA-304 Shotmaxx-2 Shot Timer - White Display
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073QRRY6X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_w734PS2fbYldo

Still learning how to use it, but I like it. It works even in an indoor range with people shooting in 7 other lanes. I use the impulse setting (so it reacts to recoil movements rather than sound) I. The indoor range and sound at the outdoor range.

Using it to time initial shot speed, and strings of fire right now. I like the random start timer as well.

2 Likes

LOL! I love it when someone ties Harry Potter into the Community!!

2 Likes

I found out what my friend has: Amazon.com

@Dawn I don’t get the Harry Potter reference, but that is OK!

1 Like

Mad Eye Moody “You have a … PHONE". I believe the reference is to when Mad Eye Moody reminded Harry that he had a wand during the tri-wizard tournament, but I could be wrong. :thinking:

1 Like

@Dawn You are correct but it was actually Barney Crouch JUNIOR under the effects of a Polyjuice potion. :nerd_face:

Cheers,

Craig6

2 Likes

Now I know how my non gun friends feel when their eyes kinda glaze over if I talk to them about recoil springs, magazines and ammo types. :laughing:

1 Like