Qualifications Re-do

My renewal to USCCA is coming up in April.
Every year I Re-do all 3 levels of Qualifications at this time. I was just wondering how many others also do the same?

4 Likes

I do not.

I have my own personal set of drills and standards I use regularly throughout the year as I go to the range.

Do you have anything you do on the timer during the year generally in addition to the annual quals?

4 Likes

Yes I do Nathan57, multiple training sessions used with timer. From live fire to dry fire. I work on one lesson at a time per practice. I plan ahead for the lesson I’m going to do that day and make sure I have the correct items needed and the amount of time I’m going to practice.
I do the 3 Qualifications because it never hurts me to refresh needed information. I also continually go over the Course & Video sections often.
The main reason is to be as proficient as possible. The knowledge this brings to folks and the hands on practice sure helps.
Keep training fellow protector and enjoy the range time. It may sound funny but when I’m at a range it relaxes me.

4 Likes

Good, good!

Any particular favorite drills/standards, like ones you might use for multiple different guns, clothing, sights, etc, as a sort of benchmark to compare how they work for you or judge where you are progressing across time?

3 Likes

I honestly had no idea that people had to qualify to be in USCCA.

1 Like

They don’t.

Log in to the member site at uscca.com and go to the Training tab at the top, and then Qualifications. The suggested range portion at the end of each Qualification level (how many levels you can access varies with membership level) is what he is referring to.

It’s a for-your-own-benefit thing, that’s all

6 Likes

El Presidente :us:

2 Likes

Self back pat…

Just finished my personal yearly 3 Levels of Qualifications.

9mm 3.5in barrel semi auto iron sighting with florescent dots.

My grip and trigger control are getting better. 4 shots out of 5 overlapped and the 5th about a quarter inch away, (3 yards) (2 sec.)
(5 yards) 4 out of 6 overlapped (2.8 sec.)
1 thru 6 circles (3 yards) 6 shots good.
1 thru 6 circles (5 yards) 6 shots good.
No time on the circles.
Giving the firearm some chest squeeze and knowing trigger reset seems to be the factor for me. Naturally level of extending the firearm for being on target doesn’t hurt.
Dry fire practice a few times a week around the house keeps me moving up on the accomplishment levels.
Practice, mental & physical.
Again, I do this yearly for my own personal refreshment of the knowledge.

5 Likes

Three levels? What are they if I may ask? I’m a premium memner. That is all I know about.

2 Likes

A Platinum member?

The three Qualification levels are simply labeled as 1, 2, and 3

Gold gets 1, Platinum gets 1-2, and Elite gets 1-3

There are 2-3 courses plus the qualification at each level

3 Likes

I’m a lowly Silver member so I haven’t done these particular drills. But think it is a good idea to repeat some form of timed drills from time to time to see if I’m improving or regressing.

If the snow ever melts I need to get out to the pit to rerun the FBI Qualification since it is the last timed set of drills that I have records of that I did before last years medical issues. Think the rust from not being able to live fire practice due to all the snow this winter will have more of an impact than the recovery process.

5 Likes

If you would like to see the live range qualifier drills for the three levels, go to the training page without signing in to your account. If you are signed in you cannot see the range qualification drills until you have completed watching the series of videos leading up to each.
However, if you are not signed in, you can see the complete descriptions of all three qualifications.

Level 1 qualification stages are untimed.
Level 2 qualification stages are timed.
Qualification Level 3: Range Requirements are related to the Defensive Shooting Fundamentals Level 1 training.

5 Likes

Aaah, then I must be platinum level. Thx

4 Likes

I see that now as I have gone though some of the videos. Thanks

1 Like

Thanks

2 Likes

My first time to enter this forum!
William377, I like the fact that you keep requalifying yourself every renewal.
I joined late June this year and I’ve completed the videos and courses (all except range requirements which I had hoped to complete by Christmas Eve) and I refer back to previously watched training as a way to pu what I may have missed, had questions about or just reinforced my learning.
Unfortunately my health took a challenging route and I’m going to have to leave temporarily to deal with several surgeries.
I’ll have to come back and complete the change to the lifelong training in the concealed carry lifestyle.
Keep alert and keep safe.
ctweathers1223@duck.com

5 Likes

Take care of yourself brother @Chris278 and come back soon. Your health is important and I will pray in your behalf so you can make a speedy recovery.

3 Likes

Thank you very much. I’ll look forward to speaking/writing to you!
God bless you, Johnny.

2 Likes

Best of luck on your surgeries. We will pray for you and we look forward to when you come back. :pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

Thank you for your thoughts, prayers and wishes.
Through two of the surgeries. Recovering well and surprisingly quickly.
Just bought a new IWB for my Sig P230. An old but, trustworthy companion in .380. Used to be my back up gun.
Trying to get used to carrying around my waist. I am used to carrying a 9mm in a shoulder holster but, no longer dress appropriately for one.
Any suggestions for a concealable double magazine holder?

4 Likes