Protector Academy - technical issues?

I am not sure where to go for technical help.
I am pursuing Emergency Preparedness Fundamentals and the first lesson, Preparing to Survive, the third video does not play. It appears to lock up. I have noticed this impacts all of my access to USCONCEALEDCARRY.COM

I have tried to access it three different times now. As you may know, I have to go through the first two videos (one is over 5 minutes, another is 12 minutes) before I can continue. I can not fast forward the videos, so now I almost have it memorized.

@Dawn I am not sure if you’re the right person to ask, but I saw you were responding to others who had technical issues with the training.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Let me get this to the technical people and find out what steps can be taken to fix this for you, @Nick34!

@Nick34 - what browser are you using? (Tech gurus are wondering.)

2 Likes

Chrome
I just saw you replied quickly. TIA!

2 Likes

Version 86.0.4240.75 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 Like

I was able to get past it by going through it all again using Microsoft’s Edge.

2 Likes

I got the same problem again with MS Edge.

The issue seems to be related to me getting logged out. It seems if I don’t have any activity I get logged out after some time. I didn’t notice how much time.

I am currently on Emergency Prepardness Fundamentals part 6: I get to the last video and it hung again. :frowning: I will try and stay logged in at other windows as I go through the videos again.

1 Like

I was able to stay logged on this time. It seemed to take me about 12 minutes to get to the last video in part 6. It hangs after being in the video for about 3 seconds.

I’ll try again tomorrow.

1 Like

I am also having difficulties. Using firefox. Screen rendering issues. I can click in area where video should be ( from previous attempts, but not currently visible) and video will play. I get to last video of section and cant get out of section. When I navigate away, my place is lost ( loosing cookie or place marker?). I did get introduction section to show as completed once. I to can almost repeat the videos by memory…

2 Likes

I think I found what worked for me. Logging into USCCA directly, doesn’t seem to get me directly into the PROTECTOR ACADEMY.

I noticed this morning, I logged into USCCA I click on TRAINING, then I get to PROTECTOR ACADEMY and I have to login and/or refresh. If I keep my PROTECTOR ACADEMY page open (right click to open my current training) and I don’t get a “are you still there” prompt from the PROTECTOR ACADEMY, I seem to be able to continue on the training and the videos.
I hope this helps.

1 Like

I hope you won’t be offended by this post. I was going to start this but then I noticed that your membership levels have to be Elite to even complete the last few sections. I cannot afford that membership. Hoping (and again not trying to offend) this is not a veiled attempt to “sell up” your loyal years long members. Just sayin!

1 Like

I presume you are talking to me. I am not offended, I could see what you are referring. I am not trying to upsell anyone. I am curious if you have seen sublimal upsell tactics here before tho…

1 Like

All good here. Some of us simply can’t afford all the training offered. I understand that is my “issue” and not all members here.

2 Likes

Nope, just more added value per level of membership, @EDC_always!

2 Likes

Nick34, don’t know if you resolved y our issue. U reached out as well and i was to to log in through google chrome. That resolved it for me.

2 Likes

I came back and tried tonight. Issues are no longer present. Format of pages much different. Completed 1 course after navigating away and returning and previously viewed segments were ‘remembered’

Dean

3 Likes

Awesome!!

1 Like