Prisoners Released Early Covid-19

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kxnet.com/news/health/coronavirus/over-50-inmates-granted-early-release-to-prepare-state-penitentiary-for-covid-19/amp/

Wanted to see what thoughts were on this. I saw the NRA posted a story about a prisoner who was let free because of corona and already started acting violently.

This bothers me. Most statistics will show that prisoners released often commit more crimes (I am not saying that people can’t change, just statistics show a different story). This seems like the worst possible time to be letting people out early… especially if the police aren’t coming. I haven’t read enough. Is this an accurate story? Is the NRA sensationalizing it?

3 Likes

There have been many such stories from many different locations. I agree, this is an especially bad time for doing such nonsense. I was just reading this morning that many people are nervous about taking their groceries to the car by themselves because of the unrest.

Many of the grocery stores in our area now have special shopping times for elderly only, and the criminal element will be acutely aware that law enforcement is not responding to theft calls. Letting criminals out at this time will only compound the dangers for all, especially elderly shoppers.

4 Likes

Terrible idea. Next it will be release for illegal aliens, rapists, child molesters, and any criminal other than murderers. HELL NO.

3 Likes

Hmm.
Wouldn’t it make more sense to overcrowd the at risk old prisoners in a separate area to protect them, thereby making the same amount of room and also not letting anyone out?

2 Likes

Fair enough criminals…the police aren’t gonna help you…they definitely aren’t coming to my house.

2 Likes

It already happened…

4 Likes

Ok, so I hadn’t even thought about this part of it… releasing criminals at a time when police are saying they’re not likely to respond… what, are they TRYING to take us all out? I do NOT even want to think about the amount of incompetence and stinkin’ thinkin’ this involves.

It is incompetence, right? Because if its deliberate, my head is going to catch fire. :angry:

4 Likes

Get your extinguisher…it’s deliberate incompetence.

2 Likes

If anyone breaks into my house, threatening my family, they will meet my good friends Smith and Wesson :joy:.

4 Likes

Agreed. Washington County, Oregon just let out about 120 inmates this past week. Business owners are standing watch. Businesses in Portland have been burglarized already.

1 Like

Maybe it’s time for neighborhood vigilante patrols. It appears that many legal agencies across the country are completely inadequate.

3 Likes

can we just go with “neighborhood patrols”? I think that really puts us more in the “protect” frame of mind. Hunting people down to punish them is not really the plan here, I don’t think.

3 Likes

Roger that. Just remember, they caused this…we didn’t.

4 Likes
1 Like

yeah, tracking that action… apparently its already yielding the expected results. Saw at least one article indicating that a covid-19-released inmate (non-violent, mind you) held up a woman in her home at knife-point and threatened to kill her for her credit cards.

1 Like

Covid-19 seems to be the least of our worries.
Let’s go for it, let them all out.
Doesn’t this lead right into how much ammo I have?
It seems the Liberals and the Washington Democrats really do want blood soaked streets. They should be careful about what they wish for.

2 Likes

Agreed. In addition, the politicians are putting LEO’s in a very bad situation. That’s who I feel bad for…along with the victims.

2 Likes

Yep. They are all non-violent, until they become violent. I’m pretty sure it’s not their fault…

2 Likes

Hence a round is always chambered until it’s not!

1 Like