Preferred action

I prefer SAO handguns and was curious what others prefer and why. I like SAO as that’s what I started shooting and am proficient and comfortable with shooting, and carrying, them. Much like the iOS vs Android debate…or Pepsi vs Coke…it comes down to preference. … except Coke really is better than Pepsi :rofl:

• Striker
  • DA/SA
  • SAO

0 voters

6 Likes

I voted SAO because Pepsi is definitely better than Coke :wink:

But seriously… I’ve started with “striker”, then moved to “DA/SA” (however I setup safety on it) and now I’m waiting for my new EDC which is gonna be “SAO”.

2 Likes

I’m one of few people that think glocks are sexy. Striker fired is my jam.

8 Likes

This is what I’ve read :joy:
"Striker fired always jams "

6 Likes

I vote striker fired. Easy maintenance, reliable, easy reload, consistent trigger pull… but I don’t discriminate, I like all of the above :joy:

3 Likes

Striker (for reasons already listed…

Android…because I refuse to join the cult of Jobs…

Coke…because it is better than Pepsi…

:grin:

4 Likes

I started out with SA/DA, but bought my first striker pistol (Sig P320-M17) about a year ago and really like it. Simple to use and easy to keep one in the chamber.

2 Likes

Amen!

until I pour an ounce of half and half into 12 as a mixer, then the extra sugar in Pepsi just …works…

Ever since I let go of my PPK/S & 4506 I’ve been a DA/SO w/decocker SIG family man.
(although, thinking about SAO; the short reset triggers with Grey Ghost reworks are really damn nice and amazingly easy to drain a magazine with. It sure would be tempting if I didn’t have to EDC.)

2 Likes

Why are we discriminating? All boom booms and pew pews are equally sexy!

11 Likes

I do carry a striker fired gun all along. But prefer the SAO, like the prophet JMB designed many years ago… :smile:

3 Likes

DA/SA, because revolver. Also, why bend over to pick up brass. I’ll have sweet tea thanks.
Like @Spence said, all “boom booms” are great. I carry a stryker fired gun.

3 Likes

Agreed 100% all boom booms are great!

2 Likes

I shot a Sig P226 Legion SAO a few months back. Loved the feel and the trigger is phenomenal. I’ve been saving for one ever since!

3 Likes

Grew up with the 1911 and will die with the 1911. :wink:

5 Likes

SAO (1911) first, although I do love a good DA/SA (CZ, Beretta).
Android all the way.
I will take a nice mountain filtered stream water, please. :smiley:

2 Likes

Why no option for DAO? Somebodys buying those hammerless S&W snubbies.

3 Likes

Ah, good catch. I missed that and it’s too late to revise the poll. Great firearm too. :flushed:

1 Like

Yep. And then there is the S&W .380 bodyguard, DAO, internal hammer pistol. Not a favorite of mine, but we have one anyway. My wife likes it.

1 Like

I voted for SAO because I love 1911s, but I like them all. Current carry is a Ruger Security 9 (uses a hammer, but functions similar to striker) Waiting for my M&P9c 2.0 to arrive. Also have an M&P40. Between those, and others I have all the bases covered.
Water over pop of any kind.
Android because that is what the company provides, oh, and that whole cult thing. LOL

1 Like

DA/SA
Android
Coke is better than Pepsi

2 Likes