Portland City Council Approves $1.4 Million for ‘Unarmed’ Patrols to Combat Gun Violence

You are wasting your time and money. A lot of good law biding people will lose their lives with you acting like this Use your money to reactivate Alcatraz and send all these bums out there for awhile.

they voted those politicians/government official into office…

so… guessing it’s coming back to bite em the rear area???

local voting counts for a lot???

1 Like

Reminds me of the sword slashing Arab in Indiana Jones properly dispatched to Hell from a flaming barrell. Cracked me up!

This is like hiring people that can’t swim to be lifeguards

2 Likes

Quick! Send that idea to gov’t.

1 Like

Darwinism?

1 Like

You can’t fix stupid!

1 Like

Sounds to me like they’re taking a lesson from history. Specifically, Rome. You know, with the Christians vs. the Lions.

1 Like

A lot of unarmed deaths of the patrols,and people have to be stupid to go any where unarmed,just look at the violence around you!

Are they asking for volunteers? Wonder if anyone would be stupid enough to…wait…never mind.

2 Likes

1 Like

Where are the Park Rangers? Oh, right, gun crime only, not knife crime…

2 Likes

Wow. Right by the police station and noone intervened?

Also of note, the victim got away because the attacker has to keep pulling up his pants? SMH. How did this country get to this point?

2 Likes

Clearly, there’s a lot more going on here than is reported. How much was the guy being attacked in fear of his life if he paused to talk on his cellphone in the middle of the chase?

So what was the impetus of the confrontation? Was it a drug transaction gone awry? There seemed to be multiple aggrieved parties; note in the video, the behavior of the group at the street corner, as well as the second person kicking the car as the “victim” drives off.

Still, where are the police?

1 Like

In related news, Portland fire departments will dispatch firefighters without water to fight fires.

4 Likes

If you can’t find willing workers for unarmed patrols - (whisper): HINT, JUST PAY THEM MORE MONEY.

2 Likes

Next, let’s send un-vaccinated, un-masked task forces to fight COVID-19.

1 Like

They’ll end up joining gangs just to stay alive.

1 Like

Just saw this old comment. IQ is mostly a measure of what you know. Unfortunately there is no measure I know of for Wisdom and Common Sense which are your abilities to make good choices with the information you have on hand. I have met plenty of people with insanely high IQs that could not find their own way out of a cardboard box. Equally their are plenty of people with low IQs and educations who function just fine In the world. High IQs are highly over rated.

4 Likes

This was meant to be humorous, but in reality, the 1st fire engine sprayed with bullets by protesters/gangs will be the last fire engine to enter their “autonomous zone”. It won’t be very long before that densely built up urban section turns to smoking rubble without FD.

1 Like