Portland City Council Approves $1.4 Million for ‘Unarmed’ Patrols to Combat Gun Violence

Unfortunately we border 2 very liberal states and have been saddled with a governor that has forgotten the other 30 plus counties that make up our great state.

Natures way of weeding out the stupid. :grinning:

If they were smarter, they’d sell tickets.

1 Like

Have to have a death wish to take this job.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming: There just are no words.

4 Likes

This job is not too different from, say, being a high school teacher in S.Florida.

3 Likes

Can’t fix stupid.

3 Likes

Darwin must be laughing his ass off with the global stupidity mankind demonstrates daily.

5 Likes

@Barbara15 Welcome. :us:

Maybe dip thong Brown and Teddy Boy can volunteer to show us how well it works.

1 Like

Spending $1.4 million means they will hire about SEVEN UNARMED folks to confront the ARMED criminals in just the Portland city limits. Also, expect a huge turnover in employment. I was once ordered to have my patrol guard ammunition storage but with unloaded weapons, so as to not antagonize the locals. I POLITELY told him that I would do that until he left the area OR he could stay and LEAD the patrol himself. He graciously declined my offer so we loaded up and went about our business. Unarmed patrols will not even have numbers of their size should a confrontation start. The limits of stupidity are once again being tested by some government official who could not find his own ass with both hands. Good luck on getting employees.

2 Likes

My heart goes out to the patriots’ that still live in OR, a once great freedom loving state. Has not been the same since the nutjobs from the south, with pockets full of money from homes they sold there, invaded both OR and WA decades ago.

2 Likes

the people that they hire to go unarmed against armed gangs are going to get killed and the money is not worth it!!!

1 Like

This is precisely why I stopped saying '“Just how stupid can you get?” Some people obviously consider it a challenge…

4 Likes

Welcome @Barbara15

STUPID

3 Likes

:+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

1 Like

And the first one that’s killed will cost the city $20 million in a settlement for wrongful death :laughing::rofl:

2 Likes

That goes along well with California’s new slogan.

4 Likes

This is going to be hell. Little by little man and woman with the desire to serve as an officer will disappear. Having unarmed policing is very very dangerous.

1 Like

WA, OR, MN & DC have adopted “Hold my beer & watch this”!