Portland City Council Approves $1.4 Million for ‘Unarmed’ Patrols to Combat Gun Violence

It was intended as humor, I apologize @Alexander8 if I offended.

1 Like

Not at all, you are fine.

1 Like

How in the hell is this supposed to work?
“Mr Jones, I’m unarmed and here to help you. If you will just BANG BANG”…
How many of these asinine social experiments do we need to go through before common sense prevails?

2 Likes

Who said anything about common sense prevailing? I do imagine a point of no return exists, when the city of Portland is changed beyond recognition, and beyond any chance for a decent person to make a living there.
Next question, as Romans said, Cui Prodest?

1 Like

Look at LA & San Francisco. Same track!

1 Like

“You aint seen nothing yet”, comrade!

1 Like

They are shocked indeed. It is good that they are trying to take steps in the right direction, but it will take decades to undo the “social justice” mess they made in one summer. Maybe less than decades, but the “city officials” need to be purged immediately, all of them.

2 Likes

I’m guessing that no one “gets” this method of thinking.

2 Likes

Neat. City officials don’t understand why no officers are volunteering after more than a year of being demonized, demoralized, de-funded, and unsupported by those same officials, along with the promise that they’ll be overseen by these same officials. Here’s an idea. Have this unit composed of these city officials (voluntarily, of course) go out into the streets and demonstrate exactly what they want this unit to do and how to act, See how that goes. You know, like a test…

6 Likes

1 Like

Reassign the mayor and city council to work the detail to show the LEOs how great this program will be so that the Rank and File officers will want to join.

3 Likes

branco

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSMjqd3LC6y/?utm_medium=copy_link

3 Likes

Read an article recently that said a number of these city LEOs are leaving the cities and excepting jobs as LEOs in the smaller towns and bergs throughout their state with a substantial pay cut but at places where they are appreciated.

5 Likes

And the craziness just keeps on comin’…

1 Like

If they are dumb enough to take the job then it will be Darwin at work. The Street has no pity.

4 Likes

I believe that Michigan tried it. A social Worker was sent out on a domestic dispute issue. she was killed on the front porch of the people she was suppose to help. Portlands Mayor and the governor have already stated that they have no idea how to handle the rioters so they do nothing and hope that the rioters will just go away. Instead the rioters have figured out it is a prime place to cause trouble without any recourse and are doing so.

5 Likes

IMHO someone said it in another thread…

the purpose or intent is to FAIL miserably…

on purpose mind you… then…

implement a gestapo/KGB kinda LEO… and MAKE that work…

and too many of our people will applaud it and say ya done good…

2 Likes

They’re going to arm them with these:

3 Likes

probably.

4 Likes

Who would have guessed that would go wrong! :grimacing: :grimacing:

4 Likes