Portland City Council Approves $1.4 Million for ‘Unarmed’ Patrols to Combat Gun Violence

The Associated Press quoted Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler (D) reacted to the approved funding: “We agree that the immediate spike in gun violence is a public health threat that requires a public health response that invests in community-based organizations working to change the conditions and environments that foster violence.”

There have been more than 250 shootings in Portland thus far in 2021. That is a greater than 100 percent increase over the 111 shootings in Portland at this same time in 2020.

Gee, I wonder why that is… I believe the answer is found in this little gem…

None of the money okayed by the City Council will go to the police.

3 Likes

Depends on what you focus. You can focus on

and its stupid, laughable!

Or, focus on

Ah! Now it makes more sense, doesn’t it? Cui prodest, as Romans used to say.

Stated money will not go to police so no unarmed police?

1 Like

I was just wondering if this was a plan to thin the herd of Social Workers?

2 Likes

Can’t fix stupid.

3 Likes

Fools Shakespeare

2 Likes

Can we all just elect a new government to replace the treasonous b&$%* that think they’re running the show?. Go ahead and raise an Army to go with it.

2 Likes

First in line for the unarmed patrols:

Probably will prove to be most effective one.

3 Likes

The first of many dummies?

1 Like

You can’t make this stuff up, you just can’t. Portland now wants unarmed park rangers to deal with gun wielding maniacs (note the paragraph citing the antifa thug armed with an axe incident, who, by the way was released and then rearrested within 48 hours). Park rangers were not informed nor consulted, and their union is asking for Level II-A body armor.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, Portland-based reporter Andy Ngo flees the US (!!!) because of death threats from Antifa.

1 Like

2A? Obviously, they do not know what they are talking about.

1 Like

??? Really, HaHa

1 Like

What could possibly go wrong. I will need some popcorn to watch this show. :grinning:

2 Likes

Sounds just dumb enough to come from the joke of a city 50 miles to the north of me. Those 3 counties make the rest of the state look ridiculous.

2 Likes

People forget that Oregon was once a rugged, pioneer state. The kind of place where people were responsible for their own lives, and didn’t act like this bunch of crazies in Portland.

1 Like

I’d like to see statistics on IQ comparisons contrasting between liberal and conservatives as well as cities versus rural areas.

2 Likes

Like the city guy who went for a drive in the country? He saw a rancher out in the a pasture with one of his animals. Curious, he stopped and asked why the cow didn’t have any horns.

“Well,” the rancher replied. “There are lots of reasons a cow might not have horns. Some are bred that way, others may have had them removed or lost them because of trauma. But the main reason this cow doesn’t have any horns is because it’s a horse.”

4 Likes

This and this do not answer that question, but they make for interesting reads. I have not found any “studies” that are unbiased to make any rational determination on IQ and political bias. The “studies” I found were disproportionately biased to the Left, but there were some biased to the Right. Even the “studies” on wealth distribution were highly biased, cherry-picking data to prove their bias.

I am still interested for myself, not to spread false information. It’s just a stupid curiosity question. Common sense needs a method for calculation too. But I learned that common sense ain’t common. :wink:.

1 Like