POLL: What are you doing with your tax return

Even with the extended tax deadline this year, April 15th will always be synonymous with Tax Day for most of us. We’ve seen a lot of people buying their first firearm this year, and some may have used their tax refunds for that purchase.

What will you be using your tax refund for?

• Ammo
  • A new handgun
  • A new rifle/shotgun
  • Firearm/Self-defense training
  • Everyday bills that need to be paid
  • Refund? I’m not getting one :frowning:
  • Other? Please share below

0 voters

Paying off 2 cars so makes me essentially debt free… well almost.

3 Likes

Pay off a major purchase (This was always the plan).

4 Likes

What’s a refund?

5 Likes

I’m making estimated payments as usual.

Now for the $2900 we just got from the CARES bill… we just dumped 12K into windows, we want to landscape and get a new shed so it’s going towards that.

5 Likes

I’m debt free except for the house (and almost there), so this just went into the savings, just like the stimulus will. I like to have at least one years worth of savings in the bank, just in case.

6 Likes

Haven’t seen tax refund for a long time… :sunglasses:
I like to keep my money in my pocket and manage it by myself for WHOLE year…

5 Likes

Still waiting for refund, but did receive a stimulus check this morning,Should be enough for a pack of price gouged TP and a bottle of hand sanitizer

4 Likes

I play it pretty close so really not much of a refund here. What I do get goes straight into savings. Being single with no kids I won’t get a dime of the stimulus.

1 Like

I intend to pay some bills, but am going to hold onto the cash for awhile during our current mess.

1 Like

Straight into savings. For me, ammo purchases are like food purchases, ongoing.

2 Likes

Nothing fun, just going into savings.

2 Likes

I am in the unenviable position where in I have three incomes all taxed at a lower rate but when combined they are taxed at the much higher rate. So I have paid for the last 2 years. That also means I have to register to get a stimulus check. The only up side is that I rolled all my credit card debit + taxes into a single credit card that is 0% interest for 18 mos. I really need to work on a new tax strategy.

Cheers

Craig6

3 Likes

On a slightly different note, we applied for the PPP free money here at work on the first day it was available to apply for. We just heard unofficially that the money is gone, all used up. WTH we applied day 1 and it’s gone. It was supposed to be 330B for PPP out of 2500 Billion ($2,500,000,000,000) ! What did they do with all of it!?

Just for fun $2500 billion divided by 350 million people = $7,100 for each and every person regardless of age. Whatever!

We paid off some debt. I need to buy a truck, so, we eliminated some bills to offset a truck payment. We did get our son a new 10/22 stainless, and several boxes of ammo.

4 Likes

Definitely gonna put a majority away… But I’m also looking into a 9mm AR pistol & some training since I missed my sessions last month.
:fire: STAY VIGILANT
:point_right:t5: THIS covid19 is just the beginning

1 Like

Bourbon and Habanos! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I ordered one case of Trump Vineyard wine. Free shipping and two day delivery from VA. Thank You President Trump for all you do for the American people.

4 Likes

Refund?! From the government?! LOL! I pay and pay and pay and pay all year… Then at tax time, I pay again! So, nope… no stimulus for me…

4 Likes

No refund.
The marriage penalty gets me every year.

2 Likes