POLL: How much ammo?

Just for fun, what is the most ammo you’ve purchased at one time - online or in-person?

• 50-250 Rounds
  • 251-500 Rounds
  • 501-1000 Rounds
  • Let’s just say more than 1000 rounds… :wink:

0 voters

I really don’t buy less than 500 at a time anymore

3 Likes

Funny you ask, LAX ammo in Inglewood CA is having the last parking lot sale before the unconstitutional ammo background check begins in July. I buy in bulk from them. I used to buy online from Midway as well. I have MTM 4 cans that stack in a tray, along with surplus and LAX ammo cans.

5 Likes

So if you include components for reloading… um… you need a whole other category :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Usually 1K-2K, cheaper and shipping free.

1 Like

People buy some ammo in this group. Makes me feel better about my habits.

2 Likes

My wife now requires that I warn her so she does not try to move it herself :rofl:

3 Likes

Not everyday can some one go through a thousand rounds, in a day for an infant
time. Your arms, hands, and body will have serve aches and pains.
I love 9 mm and I can burn 1000 rounds, ONE DAY !, but I hurt in a humors way; I ache!
Not my right shooting side, but my left arm and hand.

Never give up; Never Surrender !!!

William H Smith Jr

1 Like

I can understand that, @BJP! My boys have car parts delivered to my house - they warn me about 1/2 of the time if it’s going to be heavy. I’ve learned to not assume the packages are going to be light.

1 Like

I usually go to Out Post Armory here near me and get a box of 500 FMJ for the range if I don’t get it at Wal-Mart since it’s about the same price. I will only get my hollow points at OPA since they don’t sell any worth having at Wal-Mart.

1 Like

I love good round numbers 300 and growing per day.

Thank you,

William H Smith

1 Like

Last couple of times I’ve bought ammo Walmart had 200 rounds of federal mismarked at $16.98 which is the price of 100 rounds, so I bought them out of the remaining six boxes.

2 Likes

When it started to look like Obama was probably going to get elected my brother and I got together, pooled our money, and bought a little over 150,000.00 worth of popular “tactical ammo” and “self defense Ammo”, even a couple of tons of bulk packaged .22lr…

You wouldn’t believe what a sound investment that proved to be.

1 Like

Unless I run in too a really good delay at a retailer, I usually buy 1000 round cases online. Occasionally Cabella’s or one of the local gun shops/ranges will have sales that beat online prices, but not often.

2 Likes

4boxes

3 Likes

Online always seems to be the best deals, and the more you buy, the more you save. The retail sellers in my area are definitely in it for the profit.

1 Like

I will just take the 5’th thank you very much. :grinning:

1 Like

In 1994 I went to visit my Dad after I finished the National Matches at Camp Perry. He thought it would be a good idea to take me to the Cabela’s just across the border from IL. They had a pallet of Remington Thunderbolt that works insanely well in my Springfield 1922 Mk2 as well as most of my other .22’s. I asked one of the guys for a pallet jack “What for” I want that. Them “ALL of it?” Me: Yup.

There were 64 cases, you do the math. That truck was draggin’ tail all the way back home :upside_down_face:

Cheers,

Craig6

1 Like

Well I should change my answer.i guess I buy more than I realized. I’ll buy 3 or 4 calibers at a time.

1 Like