POLL: Are You Finding Ammo? If so, where?

I believe it all to be a scam. I do not trust a word of what this president had to say. Ammo companies are making a killing off of both total sales and price increases. The only way to stop both the “shortage” and the price is for the consumer to stop buying. Refuse to pay extortion level prices and ignore fear mongering that wants to convince your gut another box of fifty at twice the price from two years ago, is what will save the life of you and your loved ones. From online retailers to the guy at the gun show, they are all increasing profits. Everyone else encouraging you to shoot shoot shoot for practice! So you can use up rounds, increasing the need to buy more and more.

Stop buying. Have the guts to take the chance that a lack of ammo WON’T be the reason why you don’t make it through the winter!!

2 Likes

Welcome to the family brother @Steven343 and God bless you.

Welcome to the family @Edison_G and you are in the right place at the right time.

Welcome to the family brother @Ricky_Bobby and you are blessed to be here.

Rocky Mtn Discount Sports in Casper, Wy Wednesday

A flipp’n pallet of .223, no limit, $10.99/box. One guy was buying 5 cases when I was there.

5 Likes

Thank you Johnny! I am thrilled to be a part. God bless the USA and God bless the USCCA!

1 Like

1 Like

Welcome to the family @Eric264 and god bless you.

Hopefully a sign of things to come!

1 Like

Last week I walked into my local gun store and they had boxes of Federal 124 grain JHP for $130 for a 50 round box.

Ok, now it is way past ridiculous! $2.60 a round???
When I picked up my P30 last night they automatically had a box of 147gn FP 9mm for me. $22 for 50 rounds.

1 Like

I would rather drill holes in the ball of my FMJ before paying that outrageous price.

2 Likes

That is a thought😉

2 Likes

Had been thinking about reloading for some period of time. But I think waiting till this particular time was wrong move. If I was going to do it I should have been in it chugging along way before now. Reloading folks are having difficulties specific to them. But as far as shotgun shells I did buy the Survival Reloader for 12 gauge, Made by XRingUSA. I bought the plus Kit. They also make this kit in 410 gauge. But rather than go into it.I recommend checking it out on YouTube. Also on Shotgun reloading I subscribe to Bubba Roundtree on there also.

1 Like

Best sources remain gun shows, though prices vary widely. Des Moines this immediate past week-end saw prices staying higher while availability was way down. No zero nada commercial reloaders there any more (no primers to work with). One recent addition to the ammo dealers didn’t rent tables this month due to increasingly difficult ability to access anything. Their prices, while higher, were still more fair than most others and they had the stuff others did not, like .410 shells and .300 Blackout.

7.62 x 39, BTW, could be had for as little as $9/box for 10 or more boxes (200 rounds). 5.56 was trending higher and scarcer.

1 Like

I have been pretty happy with the Federal website. They are out of stock a lot on line, but every couple of weeks some 9mm, .380 or .22 will pop up and I will jump on it. Their prices have gone up but not as much as most other places.

2 Likes

Just FYI BROWNELLS.COM has Federal Power shock 12ga. 3in. #4 Buckshot in stock. I ordered 7-5rnd. boxes for $92.00 tax and shipping included. :us:

3 Likes

I’ll check it out.

2 Likes

I found it at my LGS, not listed online.
200 round limit on 5.56 at pre-plandemic prices.

1 Like

Welcome to the family @Elads2 and god bless you.