POLL: Are You Finding Ammo? If so, where?

it took us 8 months to get what we needed to reload our own rounds. and now finding primers is a nightmare

Midway

Amen, Sheridan! I’ve been reloading since 1966 when I was just 16 years old. I keep PLENTY of empty shells of every caliber I can scrounge for free (I have about 150 lb of brass now, I believe), several thousand primers, probably six pounds of powder of various sorts and plenty of lead for molding bullets and lots of bullets for each of the calibers that I like to shoot…mostly .45 for handguns and .30 cal for various rifles. I don’t shoot a lot anymore, but keep enough on hand to do whatever needs to be done.

AmmoSeek.com, I did not want to pay the prices I saw, almost three times the normal amount. AmmoSeek shows price per round and total for the quantity you want, from many different vendors then it will link you directly to the that vendor to buy.
Gun Broker, Sportsman’s Guide and others have ammo at 3 to 4 times the price. I do see ammo reasonably priced

It does not look like prices will drop this year and possibly into 2022.

I find some here and there. Just recently at my Academy I was able to get 400 rounds of steel case 380 $87 + tax each box. They were only allowing 2 boxes of whatever ammo you got (or they had) regardless of count. 22lr, 25, 32, 9, 40, 380, is hard to come by there. Even at the range I go to it’s dry. I have seen mostly self defense ammo anywhere from $30 - $60 for round counts of 20 - 50 depending on the caliber and brand. But…but lucky enough…Wal Mart has plenty of CO2, .177 bb’s, and pellets to help me with my addiction :joy::metal::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Which one?

1 Like

Ammunitiondepot.com just had a new load of .38 special come in, i don’t know about where you are , but it is really rare here.

1 Like

Found 9mm target rounds and .300 Blackout at AMMOSEEK. Both in stock.

1 Like

Scheels Sparks, NV.
9mm, .40, .357 mag, .223, and bricks of CC#41.
Limit 100 rounds
I went with the 9mm since $16.99 for 50 is better than anything I’ve seen online. $49 for 1000 CCI #41 Told me I needed more.

1 Like

There is a new gun/bow outfitter store in Stonewall Texas, They had plenty of 223 at $25/20 and 9m at $42/50.
So plenty in stock but crazy prices. I’m still thinking, are we complaining about prices!!! What if in 6 months or a year we’ll see $75 for #20 223 and $125 for #50 of 9? Who knows?! It’s very disheartening to see what’s going on.

I still have virtually no one who wants to take classes as they have no ammo.

1 Like

You could try bumping the price of your classes to cover the cost of ammo. Then you advertise the class with you providing the ammo.

Not sure if it will make a difference or not. Just a thought.

4 Likes

Found CCI SPP $39 a brick , Win 350 Legend $26 a box today at Scheels.
No powder anywhere!:cry:

2 Likes

Freedomammunition.
9mm 124g $200 for 1000 rounds. Site not secure, sales email bounces back, checkout link will not open securely.
Unless it is legit, they quit checking their email and are having website problems.

1 Like

DeGuns.net has ammo I bought 350 rounds of 9 mm target ammo for $290 on the 27th at their store located in Lincoln Nebraska. Had range day this past Monday at a range called “A Place to Shoot” back home in Texas with my brother. Real good folks at DeGuns and at A Place To Shoot. The range is a USCCA affiliate and they have certified USCCA instructors there as well.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Ricky_Bobby

1 Like

Getting as good a deal as possible under the current circumstances. Limiting myself to 2 calibers: 9mm and 7.62x39. One for carry, the other for SHTF.

Good luck all and God Bless!

1 Like

I don’t know if they still have or not, but Palmetto State Armory had 9mm and 223 in stock. On 9 they limited to 2 boxes but you could buy online.

1 Like

Yes. My local hardware store has had a steady supply of 9mm and 40caliber. The price is high, but not as high as the online retailers. It’s at least $10 lower than the online retailers per box of 50. I did buy 300 rounds of self defense ammo last Oct from LuckyGunner online before it really skyrocketed in price.

1 Like

Cheaper Than Dirt in Fort Worth, TX

1 Like

I didn’t realize CTD is in Fort Worth.

1 Like