POLL: Are You Finding Ammo? If so, where?

That just gave me a mental image I didn’t need.
:face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Better than leaving it indoors!

2 Likes

Hard lesson learned, if you buy ammo for over $100, get the UPS insurance for a couple bucks. I didn’t and I have a bad feeling I’m about to be out $80 on nothing.

I have a feeling ammo is being stolen out of the mail during the delivery process (not accusing anybody, there’s a chance the package was damaged or something). Not only is ammo expensive now, but it a also hard to find.

3 Likes

It’s the new currency

1 Like

Won’t you be notified when it goes in the mailbox? We grab any deliveries right after they’re made to keep the porch pirates at bay. You can sign up for delivery notification for all of your mail online.

1 Like

UPS said it was put for delivery for two days in a row, then they said it was back in transit, and now UPS does not know where the package is at this moment. It’s location has not been traceable for 4 days now when it was out for delivery 6 days ago.

1 Like

I know exactly how you feel. I had an order from Sig Sauer, shipped FedEx, on the 1st. The tracking says it just made it to Sacramento, CA on the 9th at 2035. It left Sac 16 hours ago and I only live 3 hours east.:rage:
But, my CN hat came from Spring, TX via USPS and was delivered in 2 days!

1 Like

I haven’t seen concrete “proof” that people are stealing (meaning UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc) packages during shipment or delivery… but I have seen A LOT of annecdotes. I haven’t had ammo go missing (i think they pay extra attention because of hazard warnings). But I had two shipments of accessories from known stores just sit in a warehouse for weeks until I contacted the shipper and they initiated “lost package” and then they started moving again. I order online all the time and this is the only time it’s happened.

Coincidence? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

This is what I hope.

I heard stories of packages being cut into, and the delivered with less. And of course packages being stolen from the door way, but it would be pretty ballsy to be stealing packages that could be linked back to you. (I’m not accusing anybody, I just want my package).

1 Like

If it was never delivered you should be able to go back to where you bouhht it and have them file a claim.

If they fight you then you should be able to dispute the credit card charge.

If you bought from just about any retailer or website they are going to have a contract in place with UPS or Fedex unless they are a super small operation.

1 Like

This has been filed. They offer insurance at purchase, I’d insurance is not purchased than they can only cover $100 + shipping.

My purchase was over that. In the future, I will be purchasing the insurance. I actually did this today, it was $1.30. I’m in the habit of not paying for advertised insurance because I’m tired of it. But I will make an exception for certain items.

1 Like

I’ve ordered nearly all of my ammo online. Even when I do find ammo locally (very rare) it’s limited two two boxes. One instance I bought an auction from Gunbroker and there was a huge hole in the box when I received it (500 round order) and boxes were missing. I took a picture of it and contacted the seller, they shipped me the remaining boxes. It just depends on who’s sending it I guess.

1 Like

Insurance or not you should check with you credit card company. If it is not delivered you should be able to dispute it. Especially if you can show it either never got shipped or was lost in transit.

I have worked in distribution where we drop ship to end users for a very long time. Almost every time a package was lost the buyer was not on the hook for lost packages. These are for parcel shipments and not freight shipments.

1 Like

It’s possible that if you purchase using MasterCard or Vuu IU sa your order may be fully covered. Try that route.

1 Like

Range had ammo today, their prices are higher than usual, BUT they’re still cheaper than everywhere else.

3 Likes

I have a couple local shops that are getting ammo, both range and defensive ammo. The price has gone up quite a bit but it is available, pretty much any caliber I’ve wanted or needed. I have been hesitant to share these places as I know the out of towners will quickly come, buy them out and proceed to go back to their local areas and price gouge it through the roof, they got caught doing it to a couple other shops a little further away.

1 Like

I found 5.56 FMJ for .60 per Rround…with tax: $652.34 for a 1000 rounds here in Colorado on a pre-purchase basis

1 Like

I found 9mm & 38 two box limit

Oops. Misleading. Says off to the side “currently unavailable.

1 Like

Yes the local brick and mortar are priced high. Just remind yourself that these guys have to eat too and it’s very important that they keep the lights on. The on-line sellers are making money hand over fist. Don’t forget the guys in your neighborhoods.

3 Likes

@Scoutbob, I have been losing items in the mail also here in VA. I can see a mail carrier possibly taking ammo if he knows what it is. Ammo is hard to come by and people will take chances like that. I have the USPS app on my phone and it lets me know what is coming on what day and guess what I never got it. I’m supposed to be receiving that $500 check in the mail from USCCA who knows?

3 Likes