Pocket pistols and holsters

I have a casual understanding of the available pocket pistols and holsters available but I’m no expect on it. Anyone have a good list or a few recommendations for me?

4 Likes

I have a Galco pocket holster I occasionally use with a Sig P938:

https://www.galcogunleather.com/pocket-protector-holster_8_1168_1238.html

It can be awkward to draw sometimes depending on what pair of pants I am wearing. It prints like a cell phone.

I also use a Telor Tactical Sharkskin sometimes. It draws from the pocket much better than the Galco, but prints like a gun.

http://www.telortactical.com/products/shark-skin-itw-waistband

3 Likes

I like my NAA Mini Revolver, .22wmr in a nylon holster and I’ve installed a length of shock cord that holds it in place.

3 Likes

Sticky holster. Work great, cheap, and stay in the pocket

6 Likes

I pocket carry my Ruger SR9c in an Alabama Holster pocket holster.

3 Likes

I grew up 3 miles south of them! :+1:

2 Likes

I usually have a Taurus PT738 in a handcrafted holster. It fits in any pocket, front, back, or cargo, and the hook (kydex reinforced) has never failed during practice draws.

3 Likes

DeSantis Nemisis

2 Likes

I grew up 1,198 miles north of them. :grinning:

3 Likes

I have a Bianchi 152 for my S&W 640 no-dash. So far I’ve no complaints.
It’s very fast out of the pocket.

4 Likes

Talon wallet holster works well.

3 Likes

On this video, wait for the very end, for a lesson on safety and proper use of a pocket holster:

1 Like

I can second the Alabama Holsters kydex pocket models. Have one for a Sig P365 which works perfectly every time regardless how I draw. Have another for an LCP 2 that occasionally can drop out of the pocket if you draw straight up instead of dragging the hook against the back of the pocket.

1 Like

Interesting. Appreciate it. A newbie like me can at first guess that they all are the same, but to your point, it’s good to test it out - unloaded, and if it doesn’t work right, get a better one. It’s that important.

I think you all are sinking in on me. The other day, I saw a vid of a fellow place his pocket holster in his pocket (alone), first without putting the firearm in it, then he inserted his firearm into his pocket; I cringed and cried “thank goodness that was not loaded”.

3 Likes