Pocket Dump: Pocket Gun

The number and variety of small pistol models on the market continue to grow every year. Last year we saw the Sig 365 make its debut at Shot Show, this year the Hellcat made its debut.

There are a lot of other small pistols that would make great pocket pistols.

Which firearm would you like for your pocket gun?

5 Likes

If ever used for myself…P365.
However I don’t like pocket carry…

2 Likes

I’m a little leery of a pocket gun TBH. I have to much going on in my pockets. 2-4 knives, wallet, keys, cell phone, emergency doses of medication, 2 extra mags for my Glock, flashlight, IFAIK back left pocket, plus the way I wear my EDC I pretty much lose a pocket.

1 Like

P238. I can wear it IWB, but so often it’s just easier to toss it in my pocket and be on my way. Besides being tiny and easy to carry concealed, it also shoots well.

1 Like

I have a small Beretta 25 caliber auto. It only holds seven rounds but it fits in my pocket when I don’t want to carry my M&P Shield 9mm. With such a short barrel I can’t hit very well with it, so it is extremely close quarter fighting tool. But sometimes it is about the only thing I can carry. It hides very well, but is way too small for many people’s tastes.

1 Like

While I am not a fan of pocket carry I do lie the idea of a small powerful pistol carried IWB cross draw. I carry a Sig P290 with laser sight, only 8+1 9MM, but at 25 feet it is awsome.

Larry

1 Like

I have the Ruger LCP II for the summer months now approaching. I have some fde hogue grips on it. I carry it in a sticky holster and an extra extended mag.

3 Likes

Thanks brother

Ditto, but I have the 3032 version.

1 Like

An old P239 with a deSantis is a bit heavy but it’s worked, though I’ll usually carry that in a Fletch (hi OWB 4) or ankle rig. J frame now a’days same as the 239. I have a Walther P22, but I just saw a SIG P938-22 that caught my eye. The Walther is light and reliable, but the SIG? Aside from these I haven’t been over the counters lately or reading the trade mags.

1 Like

Ruger LCR in .357 mag.

2 Likes

Typically I don’t like pocket carry much. IWB or OWB is always preferable for me… but there are sometimes situations…
So, I do keep pocket holsters around, “just in case…” or rather, for very occasional carry in that manner (except for one occasion, see below).

I have a Springfield 911 and a S&W 442 “We the People” edition … both have IWB and OWB holsters and I have a good ankle holster (finally!)… Springfield shipped a soft carry case and a pocket holster with my 911, and I got a DeSantis pocket holster (in the mail, TODAY actually!) for the J-frame.

The only “frequent” pocket carry is to go out back to smoke at night …

I did slip my 911 in my pocket holster and used my front left pocket to carry during a trip to the dentist, as it was in Philadelphia last week… given the times and the rioting, and that my dentist doesn’t post “NO GUNS” and that PA doesn’t enforce “gun free zones” beyond “please leave or be charged with trespassing,” I decided carrying would be best that day.

However, I’ve found having these “pocket holsters” are great for throwing the gun in a bag for off-body carry in my “go bag” or another bag for off-body carry or transport, without having to lug around a case.

3 Likes

Cargo pants?

3 Likes

Yeppers. Only way I hold all that.

3 Likes

I only carry IWB, but if I was to pocket carry I would probably just buy a rugar lcp. They’re really affordable, they’re really small, they have a nice heavy trigger pull and they have a good reputation of working. P365 and Hellcat are too big for pocket carry IMO (I know some people do this), and I’d prefer a heavy weight trigger in pocket (even in a pocket holster). I’m also not a fan of 380, though I would take a 380 over no gun any day of the week.

IWB means my pockets are free, gun is secure, I can carry a bigger gun in a larger caliber.

3 Likes

That is exactly what I carry Scoutbob in a pocket sticky holster my Ruger LCP II. The M&P 380 bodyguard is another good choice.

1 Like

I’ve never pocket carried before. I have too much stuff in my pockets that I go in there often enough for. I’ll wear a gun belt with everything and carry IWB. Also, I like to avoid variables when I train. IWB affords a nice smooth draw. You should see me struggle to get my keys out of my pocket when my knife goes sideways…it’s an ugly sight with some cussing. :rofl:

3 Likes

You need to dedicate a pocket just for concealed carry. No keys, no knife, no change and especially no Walnettos

3 Likes

Ruger LC9s. Pocket holster, IWB & OWB options all work well for the attire that you’re in

20200529_102612

2 Likes

I finally got a chance to try holstering my Springfield 911 (9mm) in an ankle holster I got, a couple weekends ago. I was working security at an after-hours club, and had to wear long pants.

It works great!

I had my Beretta 92X as my primary sidearm, open carry, along with taser + baton.

3 Likes