Pocket Dump: Pocket Gun

Not even when you’re visiting Walnetto State Armory?

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

In condition orange, sometimes yellow. I have my hand in my strong side pocket where one usually keeps their keys, only my keys are elsewhere (keeping Walnettos company,) and my hand is on the Centennial. The Bianchi 152 has a rigid leather tab so press and the Centennial pops right out of the holster----draw is near instantaneous from that position

3 Likes

:grinning: Cant help but laugh! I carry a wallet and spare mag in one pocket and the P-365 in the other and if I dont wear suspenders my pants fall down. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I wear suspenders or a Hank’s belt, depending on style. Both work fine :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I tend to use my front pockets for wallet and cellphone but if I had no other way to carry it probably a Bersa TPR9c or a Makarov. I like the 365 and Hellcat but I’m still partial to the older style of guns.

2 Likes

I don’t generally carry a pocket gun as a primary but sometimes carry one as a “BUG” or if I’m just messing around the homestead and going in and out of the house I will carry one in my left rear pocket.
I have become a fan of the Ruger LCP and I have the 380 and the 22LR versions. Say what you will about 22LR for a defensive round, but with good quality ammo that LCP fire 1l rounds quickly and in a small group. And, its light enough to carry in the pocket of my “sleepy shorts” in the evening.

3 Likes

I’m not above the occasional pocket carry. Drop a little Derringer in the front pocket and go about my day, no worries about accidentally exposing it, or printing, or re-holstering every time I get out of the car, etc.

2 Likes

Both my pocket guns:

5 Likes

I don’t have a problem carrying a pocket pistol once in a while. I too carry my Ruger LCP II in 380 auto in my right front pocket.

4 Likes

Oops, I have to correct myself. Yesterday I sat down at a restaurant and looked down to see a perfect print of my pistol through my loose cargo pants. Despite the holster and all the other trinkets in my extra pockets, anyone in the room could have seen my pistol. Someone knowledgeable probably could have guessed the make or caliber.

I draped my flannel over my pocket and carried on, but lesson learned. Pocket carry isn’t always easier.

1 Like

I sometimes carry a Sig Sauer p938 in a Vedder kydex pocket holster. Works well in dress pants. Its a little effort to draw from blue jeans pockets, but it works. The kydex adds very little bulk and spreads out the print of the gun to make it less obvious what’s in my pocket. If I’m wearing an untucked shirt or a sports jacket, it fades away almost completely.

I am tempted to get a Sig p238 to see just how much easier it would be to pocket carry. The ruger lcp or lcp2 look like great pocket options as well. I have never fired a .380 and decided early on that I did not want to carry anything smaller than 9mm, thus the p938. The more I learn about the ballistics, the more open I am to the .380.

I think the majority of the population doesn’t even realize you can put a gun in your pocket. I never look at pockets of people walking much less sitting at a restaurant.

2 Likes

My wife carries an LCP2 and I carry a P238. Try them both and see which one you like better. The P238 is smaller, but I find that I shoot better with it than the LCP2. I also feel more fatigue with the LCP2. If you ask my wife, however, she’ll tell you exactly the opposite.

1 Like

Yeah, that seems to be the secret no matter how you carry. Most people just aren’t looking. It’s an issue, though, especially if you live in one of those screw-ball states that considers “printing” to be a crime.

Some of the 380 pistols are very snappy IE: Ruger LCP 380, Taurus 380 etc. Not hard to control but uncomfortable to practice with. Also self defense amo is hard to get. I found some that are very comfortable to shoot and still easy to conceal. Try it before you buy it.
Please don’t. Anyone start a firestorm about 380 not being enough for self defense. ( bullticky) that’s old news. The 380 is only one of many choices for me.
Whats in your Walet ? :us::us::us:

2 Likes

@Blacky, I have both the Ruger LCP and LCP II in 380 and love them both. They are nice pocket pistols.

2 Likes

Pocket carry works for me with cool a weather vest or coat. One of a few benefits is unobstructed access by clothing. I like a hammerless DAO revolver because it can be fired thru the pocket at close range. ( WORKS FOR ME ) warm weather carry method changes for me. Remember “ YOU CANT LIGHT EM IF YOU DONT HAVE EM “ :us::us::us:

3 Likes

The 380s are very easy to carry. There are some nice holsters for them too. Check out
Barsony Holsters. I like them because the prices are good and you can match up the make and model firearm to the right holster. ( good stuff ). :us::us::us:

2 Likes