Please talk me out of this

I’ve never understood this level of brand loyalty. Buy guns for their reliability and usability. I edc Taurus (yes, G2c), 43x, and 365. I also own Canik, S&W, Walther, and others. If it shoots well and YOU shoot it well, it’s worth buying. Don’t pigeonhole yourself into a single brand; you’re missing all the fun of owning great guns. Buy whatever you want as long as it’s reliable and you handle it well. That said, since I know it’s coming, yes I do stand by the Taurus guns I own. These later models are exceptional value for the money. It contends with my Glocks and Sigs just the same. Buy what works and keep it moving.

2 Likes

No hate on Taurus here brother. My dad won’t carry anything else. The point of the thread was my long love hate relationship with Glock pistols and the appeal of the blue label pricing. For me it isn’t so much about brand loyalty but what you just explained. Sigs, particularly 320 and 365, work for me and i shoot them well. I personally don’t give two craps about the brand name on my pistol. I also love FN pistols, S&W, CZ, and especially walther. But for my family and my personal protection it’ll be a Sig. I’m gonna carry it and train seriously with it as I have for years and years. Oh yeah and the “it’ll go off if you drop it” joke never gets old…

1 Like

Hey, if that’s what totes your goat then run with it. I just like variety. I enjoy waking up, hopping in the shower and thinking “so what do I want to carry today?” I practice draw and present with all of my pistols so I can present on target no matter which one I’m carrying. Sounds to me you’re just one of those guys who likes to have one and stick with it (like Mustang and Camaro guys) lol. Nothing wrong with knowing what works best for you.

1 Like

Now there’s some irony, I was a mustang guy (had two) in my 20s and then in my 30s I bought a camaro. I can occasionally switch it up :rofl::joy:

2 Likes

Well it’s true then, wisdom does come with age. :wink:

3 Likes

Same here sir. I wanted to like them and fired three different Glocks that day. I just could not ignore that they did not feel good in my hand. I have tried other models since with the same result. I am a Sig owner for years.

3 Likes

Issue is solved. Stopped by the local gun shop today and the owner calls me over and shows me the FN 509 Midsize MRD he just got, in FDE. Been considering one for a long time. It was meant to be.

5 Likes

:crazy_face:

As a public service, I would be happy to remove all those Glocks to maintain peace in your family.

3 Likes

So, if you were to go to war and you needed to take a gun, would you take the Glock or the SIG? Like if the zombie Apocalypse was to happen which weapon would you want holstered? I am sure this set of questions probably will not help, but there you go anyway.

The only thing I can say about a pistol is to pick one that is comfortable and you like the way it handles and you can control,It is entirely up to you and only you not the good reviews on others on the market.

1 Like

Elizabeth5, cut to the chase by one of the best weapons in the 1911 style, Dan Wesson, no it is not like the others it is better. When you go to the range and the others bring out their Springfield Armory, Glocks(although not really a 1911), Kimber and such you can stand them on their head with a Dan Wesson.

Good Luck

Larry

I bring out my Ed Brown Kobra Carry. LOVE that gun!

1 Like

Good pistol, great maker enjoy the shoot.

Larry

No, go ahead and do it! You will appreciate it!

My 1st gun was a Glock. My 3rd gun was a Sig. I carry & love them both. Why would you have to choose?

3 Likes

Listen to your wife as she is obviously a wise woman - Glock IS the Anti-Christ. Plus, you still want to sleep indoors, don’t you? Once again; listen to your wife. So you picked up a FN? I hear they make a top-shelf product but I have no experience with them. Good luck and I hope it serves you well.

@Cheryl
HAAAaaayyy Cheryl. :smiley:
Welcome to the community.

:thinking:
So… if your 3rd firearm was not the same as 1st one, that means the 1st one was not a good tool… :yum:

Just kidding :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Welcome to the Forum @Cheryl

1 Like

I don’t, I’ve been down the Glock road many times and I always end up going in another direction. I just always seem to gravitate back towards wanting one.

1 Like