Platinum vs. Elite Membership

Hi All,

Is the platinum membership the most popular because the coverage is sufficient for the event that a member would have to defend him or herself?

I know it’s better to have coverage that may not be needed; however, I would want to avoid spending more than needed if it would be very unlikely that coverage would be needed beyond the platinum membership if a member lives in a state with Stand Your Ground and Castle Doctrine Laws.

Would an elite membership not be needed when, in theory, when you would be granted “immunity” from civil action if your act of self defense was considered justified?

I am trying to make sure that I am not getting too little or too much coverage.

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Good question @AK1763…hard to determine what will be sufficient, hopefully some of the legal heads will weigh in on this…but beyond that i would go with your gut, and also what will let you sleep peacefully at night. Welcome to the community

1 Like

I would say it depends entirely on your risk appetite. I am extremely risk adverse, so I went for the highest level of coverage.

2 Likes

I would say Platinum but as I recently switched to elite…
Would recommend elite!

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, @AK1763! Great question.

Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground help you legally defend yourself in court after a self-defense incident, they do not remove the risk of prosecution in most states.

@Zavier_D describes it well, what are you willing to risk? Both levels of membership have great protection. I want you to go with the one that will protect you and your assets the best. There isn’t a wrong answer on this one - just one that fits you best.

3 Likes

Anything specially made you change or you just wanted to play it safe?

1 Like

Perks + Benefits!
And it’s only like 16-17 dollars more!

3 Likes

I went Elite because I want the best but also to support everyone here.

4 Likes

You can’t go wrong there, buddy!

1 Like

Does anyone know what prompted the creation of the “elite” membership? If platinum was the highest package, where there cases where platinum members did not get the financial support they needed/expected that caused it?

What have you got to lose? If you have a lot of assets, go with ELITE. That’s why I did it.

1 Like

I went with it for the opposite reason I don’t have alot of assets. Doesn’t mean I want a public defender defending me on something that will affect me the rest of my life.

1 Like

Our Members were asking for a higher level. They wanted a larger legal protection option with more benefits.

These weren’t members who had been in a self-defense incident, they were members who prefer to have more protection just in case.

2 Likes

You all convinced me. Joined the elite lol. Better safe than sorry! Makes sense to get the best just like getting the best home and auto policy for any possible event. Thanks all!

2 Likes