Personal Safety in the Face of the Coronavirus | USCCA Special Report

I’m sorry to hear that Bill! I am happy that you do have other firearms you can use to defend your life and the lives of those you love.

I think the last line speaks for itself. I am referring to the party goers and the people who gather in the parks. This is bigger then all of us.

1 Like

In your opinion: will the shelter in place affect voting?

Being prior military that was one of the first thing I did a long time ago. Even my kids knew the plan before they left on their own and am happy to say they have developed their own also. Was also a retired RN and Paramedic after retiring from the U.S. Army.

2 Likes

Thank you for your service, @Stephen63!

1 Like

It’s nice to know in times like this. That the USCCA is here for us. I pray nobody has to but if we have to defend ourselves and our families. They they will be here every step of the way.

1 Like

Greater good??? What’s greater than our natural rights and liberties?

I must have missed that in my constitutional studies.

We’re glad to be here for you, @jbuell4186! The silver lining to this situation is a lot of people have extra time to do some training at home. Are you able to do any extra training right now - dryfire or even mental training?

Yes dry fire and I practice drawing and and reloading and the gun and mags are empty while moving of the x

2 Likes

Always so important! Like Tim Schmidt quoted, the body can’t go where the mind hasn’t been. Train to get off that X! :slight_smile:

Would appreciate another run through on giving, gifting, loaning or ?? a fire arm from one state (i.e., Oregon) to California (a generally anti-gun state).

We have to remember that not only are we in this together, but written communication is a little difficult because we do not know the other person and we cannot see their body language or hear the inflection of their voice.

I think we are all in the same boat. I do not believe there is a person on this community who thinks that our natural rights should be walked on. Those rights define who we are as American people.

The whole video will be available after we’re done tonight, @Elizabeth6. If you need more specific details, check out www.uscca.com/laws and we can always help translate the legalese if needed :slight_smile:

Thank you. We actually own a house in CA but have never taken any firearms there because of our concern for their gun laws.

I’ve got a good one for you guy’s to look up and discuss.

HR 5717 - Gun Violence Prevention and Community Safety Act of 2020

You are very correct, @Harry15! Everyone should take the time to see what that act is. Here is a link that you can use to look that act up:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/5717/text?r=1&s=1

I personally support the Firearms Policy Coalition and they have been fighting that act tooth and nail.

1 Like

Best thing to do since you are talking about from one state to another is consult an attorney. While you can loan or give a weapon to a relative by federal law (not a felon or someone who can’t have one) state law may forbid it. One would think Federal law should prevail but state laws play into it also.

Remember the KISS method. Keep it simple. Don’t make it harder than it needs to be. Better to make sure everyone knows what to do than make it complex.

1 Like

We have an upstairs and a downstairs safe when not in use.

2 Likes

Hey @KenM! Long time no talk! I am happy that you have those two safes. Are they both bigger safes or is one a biometric safe?