Personal Safety in the Face of the Coronavirus | USCCA Special Report

Even Tim Kennedy is talking about getting off the X!!

3 Likes

One point that we need to remember. We do not get our rights from the Bill of Rights. The Bill of Rights merely acknowledges the rights we have as humans created in God’s image.

1 Like

I’m not an attorney and can’t give legal advice, In CA I believe you cannot loan a firearm to anyone it’s a felony as an illegal transfer. You can I believe transfer/give firearms between parent and adult child, grandparent and adult grandchildren with a simple online submission, print the form and mail in the transfer fee payment within x amount of days.

agree KenM, also check the USCCA website for what the laws are both both and any state laws covering weapons.

1 Like

Hello James, hope you and the family are good.

The downstairs is a big safe, the upstairs is a wall safe in the master bedroom.

2 Likes

Hey Guys. Enjoyed the broadcast. Tim mentioned about putting together a neighborhood plan. That’s a great idea, but I have no idea how to do so. Is there any information that would assist someone in developing a neighborhood plan? thanks

3 Likes

Selfless service is a higher concept that is not in the Constitution. It is a concept that makes our Country exceptional. Ask any Vet or Wounded Warrior. Ask our First Responders, Ask a Vet who served in Korea or WW2.
Ask someone who went through the Great Depression who raised their children only to have them
sent off to die, be wounded, and be scared by war.
So @Louis25 and @Jim74 if we as Americans have to “temporarily” give up our civil liberties for the Greater Good then so be it. :wink:

Usually law enforcement has a liason assignment for regions in the community to help guide and assist with forming a group. If you contact the station or look on their website you should be able to find some info, yet during this current time of events it may be more of a self help web search.

Quite simply we’ve taken it upon ourselves to keep a watch on each other and have each others contact information.

1 Like

@ThatSoccerDude Hi, Bruce and Nancy here. You can try a Block Party. Do you have a community park close by where you could gather? Make up fliers and invite as many as you can within a reasonable distance. You could do hand outs at a picnic style lunch. :wink:

1 Like

You’re right James, I’m just tired of all the recent chatter about “temporary” suspension of natural rights for the good of our communities. I’m sure no one affiliated with USCCA would fall for such pablum.

You can sacrifice your liberties, but you cannot sacrifice mine. :wink:

Sorry to disappoint but at this time we have firearms staged throughout the house. With spare mags next to guns when we can get back to normal they will return to the safe

Bruce26 - I am for resolving this Coronavirus situation and I’m sure most everyone else is already doing their part with distancing and such as am I. What is a concern is the potential abusive over-reach of what is/could be deemed essential by any official. The waters are being tested in 2020. Going forward how far could it go. Lest I remind you of what happened in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina, the corrupt Mayor Ray Nagin ordered the confiscation of firearms from law-abiding Americans during that emergency. Many lost their guns never to be returned. Currently we have San Jose CA orders gun shop to close another another state (slips my mind where) ordered ban of selling firearms and ammo. This is nothing but an attempt by rabid anti-gun politicians to move their agenda under the guise of public safety during an national emergency. This has nothing to do with combating the pandemic. I have all the respect of service people, first responders. My dad served in the Korean War. So my selfless service would be to protect my family and loved ones and do my part along with everyone else to stop the spread of the Coronavirus but if they tell me to load up in the cattle car to go to a virus camp to be safe, not happening. Please enjoy the ride if they ask you and remember it’s for the greater good.

1 Like

Mine arent either,my oath I took when I joined the Militerty did not have sell date to itso I stiil proudly still honor mine that is non expiring and to heck with treasonious orders

@Louis25, unfortunately you do not know @BRUCE26 at all. He has been a strong presence in this Community for a long time with great input and dedication to all responsibly armed Americans.

Let me ask you and @Jim74 this, when does someone’s liberties have the right to infringe on another’s? Will you ignore the quarantine requests because they infringe on your rights? Are you being continually tested so that you know you’re not spreading this disease to others who might not have as strong of an immune system as you do? Is your ability to go to the store or bar or restaurant more important than someone else’s life?

@Layton, thank you for your service. At what point is looking out for your fellow American treasonous? Is the quarantine treasonous or is it trying to protect all Americans including our military who will end up being exposed as they help handle the incredible number of sick people if we don’t self quarantine as requested?

We’re talking about trying to stop the pandemic by staying home and curtailing our social lives. No one here is suggesting giving up our right to bear arms or even our right to assemble. We know that at this time assembling will cause sickness and possibly death. And as responsibly armed Americans we want to protect life - and that’s what we’re doing when we stay home instead of living our normal lives.

Who knows, the life you save may be someone you are close to - or even your own. That’s what self-defense is all about - saving lives right? How’s the best way to save your life? Avoidance a bad situation is the best way to stay out of a fight - whether it’s physical or medical.

2 Likes

“when does someone’s liberties have the right to infringe on another’s?”

NEVER should anyone’s liberty be infringed by another’s.

I’m all for self determination. If anyone wants to voluntarily stop working, shopping, dining out, assembling etc. that’s THEIR choice.

I resist the govt MANDATORY denial of rights whether that be keeping/bearing arms, assembly, free speech.

If I decide to distance myself, carry arms, assemble, etc. I will. I don’t want Big Brother to control my action through fear and coercion.

Let’s wrap this thread up and get back to work!

You’re right, it never should, and that includes giving others illnesses. By continuing to live your life the way you want it does put others at risk.

Some people cannot voluntarily stop working without losing everything, but with the current quarantine situation, they at least have a chance.

We have to stop at red lights and stop signs - for other people’s safety and our own. So for a few weeks, we have to quarantine for other people’s safety and our own.

2 Likes

Dawn, let’s agree to disagree.

“A person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still”

More reading…and more surprises :zipper_mouth_face:
You can hate me for my opinion… but I don’t care now. I can say: this is my right, guaranteed by The Law… it’s not the case, I will never hide behind The Constitution.

Anyway, these days it is the time to stop thinking about yourself. Don’t be a selfish Citizen with his / her rights to do whatever allowed by The Constitution.
Please start thinking globally, what each of us can do to stop the threat. Threat which doesn’t hurt single person… this threat already has hit almost 400K of population, killed almost 20K :frowning:
If we have to follow MANDATORY rules or orders, let’s check if these are OK for all of us, even if these are against our will.
I’m scared about one thing now: If people will continue to behave like now (there are still towns at US where inhabitants don’t care about Covid-19, having meetings, parties, Messes; spreading the virus all around) the next step would be the Martial Law.

2 Likes

Never! I respect everyone’s opinion, but we won’t always agree. :wink:

Very true. Unfortunately, some people refuse to think about how their actions affect others. That’s going to lead to even more restrictions :frowning:

2 Likes