Permit question

I have a NYS pistol permit. I have recently moved to Florida, but will be going back to NY in the summers. Do I still get to keep my NY permit?

4 Likes

Welcome

2 Likes

The short version is once you establish residency in FL (get FL driver license, etc), you would be a felon if you traveled back to NY with a handgun

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/ny-gun-laws/

Shared with Zight

Shared with Zight

8 Likes

Welcome to the community @Robert1459

As @Nathan57 stated, whatever limited rights your NYS permit may have provided are going to be void once you establish residency in another State. NY illegally infringes upon all of the 2A rights of out of State residents. So traveling there with a firearm risks not only jail time but the loss of the right to posses firearms anywhere else in the U.S. as well.

4 Likes

Hi Robert1459 welcome to the community
Strength and bravery in unity.
Robert1246

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @Robert1459

2 Likes

Issuing Authority grants it based on residence.

2 Likes

Welcome aboard!
Why on earth would you ever return to the devils den? Stay in the country of Florida, I hear they are a nation of free people!
They say you can take the boy out of Brooklyn, but you can’t take Brooklyn out of the boy!

I know of a surgeon in Florida!

6 Likes

@Robert1459 Welcome to the community, and asking the right questions in the right place and if you have plenty more, you ARE in the right place. Right of the bat, you got off on the right start with Nathan57 reply. That website says it all! :+1: Stay on board, you’ll get alot of great input, and meet alot of great people here!

5 Likes

Here in ‘Da Poop’ (albuquerque) As a escapee of Nuervo Yorka (free since 1995)
The only thing I kept was My NYSRPA Patch! I shot my Permit, Burned My DL, and
deleted (illegally) my lengthy ‘rap’ sheet (through means you don’t need to know right now Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!) :rofl:

Welcome HOME to Flor-ida! ‘Where men are still men and the Women are fab-u-lous’ Just be careful going back Adams may ask for Migrant Incursiancy Tax to help off set the their stay @ the Waldorf.
(yes, I know that’s not a real word, roll with it huh?)

Enjoy your stay at the Kissamee Continental : No blood will be shed on her Beaches! D:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Don’t step on Joe! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:he may be sunbathing down there! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Don’t take me seriously(nobody else does! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

IMG_1757

2 Likes

off topic, but given the state of the state, why ever go back? have whoever come see you. lol. but yeah, ny sucks for permits. i have to deal with chicago, just the same. i do carry. rathe have and not need, than need and not have. just don’t flash the fact you have a firearm??

1 Like

Negative Kemosahbee

2 Likes