People like this don't help our cause

3 Likes

I guess this dumbbell was sleeping in her Concealed Carry class when the instructors said “We are not Policemen or women” and “You are not Law enforcement” you are getting a license for “self-defense”
She deserves to have her license withdrawn at least for a period of time.

3 Likes

Totally agree. It is important to keep your attitude in check when you carry.

5 Likes

Deadly force is for deadly situations. Little danger here so, no justified use of deadly force. Dumba**.

2 Likes

Agree, not good! She needed to watch the USCCA proving ground videos and the attorney webinars!

3 Likes

The left loves cases like these to flaunt the inadequacies of the licensing process. It is unfortunate, but there are always going to be a few like this.

2 Likes

That was incredibly stupid of her.

3 Likes

I would hate to be her instructor because you know he/she is going to be put on the stand during both the civil and criminal trials.

4 Likes
1 Like

I stress that to my wife, although she has never done anything at all to make me think she would fall into that. It is NOT her responsibility to protect others. It is her responsibility to protect herself, and, hopefully, me. And of course, other loved ones.

Avoid
ESCAPE
Defend

2 Likes

Good advice @Fish. Resonates with the USCCA blog post
https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/blog/avoid-escape-survive-how-to-avoid-danger-escape-a-deadly-threat-and-become-a-good-witness/

2 Likes

You’ve got it @momo! (I’ve got that blog post as part of a topic this weekend :wink: )

1 Like

Just as FYI not all states require ANY class to get a CCL. Indiana is one of those states. However, all of my kids are made to goto 2 classes (Training).

2 Likes

Always be a good witness @momo! When I was a law enforcement officer, our official policy if we saw an offense that was not life threatening or did not need an immediate response was to contact the police and be a good witness. Take notes or even pictures/video if possible. Get license plate numbers and descriptions of perps and victims.

2 Likes

I concur! Sometimes it is very hard to keep oneself safe as a witness too.

1 Like