Parents of 6-Year-Old School Shooter should Be Arrested!?!

there I fixed it for them should Be Arrested!?!

8 Likes

Of course it counts that the teacher was shot. If the 6-year-old had shot a block of wood, this wouldn’t be a story. I’m not sure what I said that implied the teacher was irrelevant.

As far as age, yes, I do think that’s a factor. We can have two tragedies, but that doesn’t mean they’re equal. The 2017 Las Vegas shooting was tragic, but even though he killed and wounded more people, I can’t compare it to the 2012 Sandy Hook shooting, because I can’t imagine the kind of evil that possesses a person to stand in a Kindergarten room and shoot kids. And neither of these would be comparable to a person who lost a loved one in another crime.

1 Like

They took God out of schools.They took teachers and parents rights to discipline children.We have a parent dumb enough to let a six year old get hold of a loaded weapon…none of this crap happened when I went to school…the moral decline brought on by those who know what’s best for everyone is starting to yield dividends they never expected.Hope it’s working out for them.

10 Likes

Please accept my total and sincere apologies, it was meant to be an additional post to Scott52, and I inadvertently tagged you. And since I seem to have misplaced my intentions for doing so, I have deleted it. But to your point, Age only factors in as it regards measures of accountability, or level/type/length of punishment, IMHO. I don’t want to seem unfeeling, quite the opposite is the truth, but the child (even though a child), has to be held accountable, as well as the parents. It’s a sad situation all around.

3 Likes

Things are bad if we are making jokes about a 6 year old getting access to a gun and using it shoot the teacher. That should be physically impossible for the 6 year old to do as a result of controlled firearm access

4 Likes

This story occurred across the river from me. The Chesapeake WalMart shooting occurred 15 miles from me. Neither are related other than they occurred within spitting distance of places I am every day. How do you hod a 6 year old responsible for a shooting? They are lucky if they can wipe their nose at that point in time. Hold the single mother responsible? Yes that’s viable. Then the child (children) will be posted to the government run child sex slave trading that is the our child advocacy today. There is no law on the books that can teach a 6 year old what he did (shooting someone) is any more wrong than throwing a rock though a window or stealing a piece of candy. There is no easy answer to this one. What to do with the child? What to do with the mom? What to do with the rest of the “family”.

Cheers,

Craig6

6 Likes

Well, I know and have known children barely above being a toddler that could cuss you out, but didn’t know their Momma or Daddy’s name, their address, or what their house looked like, but they knew the latest dance craze, how to talk about people’s Momma’s, and who Pooky and Rae-Rae was; they knew everything but what they should know, and ruthlessly treacherous. Now, I can’t explain it, but I know it’s so. So, there’s that. And having worked in the Public School System I used to see children do some ruthless things and have been attacked physically by them and they thought it was funny that I couldn’t jam them for it. And there’s that. So, I’m not as taken aback, but it is gut wrenching and heartbreaking because we are looking at what they could potentially be in life, and how their present activity will impact them going forward. They don’t understand the impact, we know that, but are oblivious to it, yet the responsibility is still theirs to bear and so it is with their parents. It is sad when a child knows how to manipulate a firearm and have the audacity to aim a firearm at an adult, and then have the unmitigated gall to press the trigger, with the intentions of hitting what they’ve aimed at. That is gut punching all day long. I tell ya, it almost makes you wanna holler and through up both your hands!

4 Likes

We live in a world where violence and killing is the preferred method of dispute resolution. Not surprising that even a 6-year old would understand that guns and killing bad people might make him/her a hero rather than a zero.

2 Likes

If we initiate the Hunger Games maybe this type of behavior wouldn’t happen.:thinking:

3 Likes

I listed a whopping host of contributing factors and none of them have to do with politics or politicians, but everything to do with the society we’ve evolved into, but it made my post entirely too long and sermonic, so I had to back it out. I’m not trying to publish a manifesto or launch a movement here. Suffice it to say, they have no effective coping mechanisms. That’s not only sad, but wearisome.

2 Likes

Consider this perspective.

5 Likes

No one is forcing her to stay.

6 Likes

5 Likes

From first hearing this story I can’t help but think of Autumn

4 Likes

Now that’s a contrasting perspective if I’ve ever seen one. At legal age she will be awesome and a sure asset to the firearms training profession.

3 Likes

With all being said, I really don’t know what say. Follow the evidence to its sad answers :us:

4 Likes

Well said & very true.

4 Likes

Interesting couple of updates, today.
Va. Superintendent: Official Learned of Weapon Before Shooting | Newsmax.com

1. The school says “an official” knew of the firearm before the shooting, and at least one administrator was notified. It’ll be interesting to see what details emerge about this new fact.

2. The 25-year-old teacher is recovering, and is reported in stable condition. It’s nice to finally see some good news in this story.

4 Likes

Well when a certain segment of society is allowed to riot, burn cities to the ground, loot, maim others, and take over entire city blocks (including a police station) we are showing the next generation (ie, kids) that violence is indeed how you get results. We are showing them that the Rule of Law and decent civilized social interaction are useless. You cannot cure a disease by treating the symptoms. You need to get at the root cause, and fix it. Until that happens to our society, this kind of thing will keep happening, and I for one, will not be surprised.

5 Likes

I understand. But our society turns to violence as the preferred means of dispute resolution, and it did so well before the likes of Antifa came on the scene. Children cannot watch TV without seeing countless murders and violence glorified as how society resolves disputes. That’s what cop shows, army shows and even cowboy and Indian shows are all about – use a gun to punish bad guys and resolve disputes.

1 Like