Painting sights

I’m looking to paint the sights on my lcp 2. I found sight paint but have read that most use nail polish. What holds up better. Thank you

1 Like

Me personally, I have had better luck with nail polish. I make sure I clean the front sight with acetone first then alcohol. I have also found that you have a better variety of really loud colors to use.
Just my 2 cents.

1 Like

The nail polish l have used has worn out fast. It’s better to use sight paint and I believe hobby paint like the one you use for models may work.

Nail Polish, make sure you clean the surface before appliying the polish.

Larry

3 Likes
2 Likes

Nail polish for sure. Hard As Nails works best, I use it on jig heads, fish poles and many other uses. :+1:
It comes with it’s own applicator and you can find them with very thin brush’s.

1 Like

Wow! Talk about memories. Haven’t used Testor’s paint since I was building model cars and planes, 60 years ago!

4 Likes

Paint marker worked well for me :+1:

1 Like

Day-glow Orange nail polish I picked up at the Dollar Store.

2 Likes

I have a Ruger GP100. I used “Sally Hansen” red nail polish on the front sight because Sally Hansen’s motto was “hard as nails” back in the day. It held up well with one application.

I finally bought a Hi Viz sight for my Ruger but still have the original sight. The nail polish still looks great too.

2 Likes