Gun Glow

Has anyone used this on their sights

2 Likes

I tried some kind of similar nail polish type (but made/marketed for firearm sights) on a Ruger LCP a while ago. It wore away faster than the finish of a blued gun in a 100% kydex holster.

My Springfield 911 sights from the factory glow in the dark, and I had a G43x with glock night sights which also glowed, too … I’d sooner replace my sights than use those nail polish products, although the LCP didn’t have that as an option.

2 Likes

Doesn’t work as expected.
I’ve found real tritium as the only solution for me.

5 Likes

Yeah just wanted to give it a test. They will stay bright for a couple hours. Will be changing out sights on gun soon

4 Likes

Or their friends… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tried it, added a weapon light best move for me.
I found that after a short while the Gun Glow becomes very hard and begins to chip off. Another gun product that now resides in a drawer somewhere.

Larry

1 Like

I have not used it but I heard of it and I believe there are youtube videos on it.

I used something similar, but the one I used depended on a light source to charge. Worked great if you charged it for a second with a flashlight and it lasted a while. However, if I carried it in a holster for the day then pulled it out, no glow.

1 Like