TRUGLO. Has anyone else used this paint for night sights?

I read an article about TRUGLO and watched a few videos about it being used as a paint for the sights on pistols. I bought my Walther CCP a few years ago. A real nice ergonomic & accurate pistol. There are STILL no tritium sights available for this model.
I pulled the white plugs out of the existing sights, filled the holes with the TRUGLO paint, let it dry for the recommended 24 hours & sealed it with clear Gorilla Glue. They recommended super glue or clear nail polish on the videos but that just didn’t seem like a hard durable sealant. The clear Gorilla Glue dried & it will withstand rubs & holster contact ect…
It is supposed to glow for up to 8 hours after holding a 100 lumen led light to each dot for 30 seconds but in actuality, it lasts as an effective night sight for about 2 hours, then you have to light them up again which is not a big deal.
I am happy with the results. When tritium becomes available for the CCP, I will install them. All my semi -autos (I have 7 of them) have tritium sights. None of my revolvers do but I don’t carry them anyways.
THOUGHTS???
here is a link for one of the videos: Glow on sight paint review! - YouTube

4 Likes

I went orange on the rear green on the front.

2 Likes

I like that. The contrasting colors would be better. Thanks PossumSlayer1.

2 Likes

They say green for front sight if you’re nearing geezer hood :grin: I’m approaching!

5 Likes

Not expensive fluorescent dots. :+1:
If you are ok with up to 8 hr light, this is the best option.
Otherwise real tritium from Truglo is awesome.

3 Likes

You mean, like these? https://www.amazon.com/TRUGLO-Tritium-Pro-Glow-in-The-Dark-Handgun/dp/B071VMYNXH?th=1

3 Likes

Son of a BITC :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:H!!! I’m on it like a hole on a doughnut!!! Thanks, brother!

2 Likes

DONE!!! You da man!!!

6 Likes

Somebody is gonna have a busy Tuesday setting up new sights :relaxed: :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Yes sir I have seen this video and IMHO I believe it works initially but for a short time. If you want something temporary by all means use it. It looks pretty bright like actual tritiums but will they last is the question.

2 Likes

I put this stuff on my PPS. It works really well and has been holding up for over a year now. I always carry a flashlight so it’s not hard to just give it a blast before I go for a walk at night to make sure I will be able to see my sights if I need them. Otherwise I also have Meprolight sights on my PPQ.

1 Like

I found tritium sights FINALLY,! They will arrive today.

3 Likes