Out of state concealed carry permits

Just received my nonresident renewal yesterday, 25 days

DUDE!?!? 25 Days? I got mine on the 59th day and I live about 10 miles from BCI.

2 Likes

I can say this for NJ. No changes to the entry into the state with a concealed firearm. NJ does not recognize other states permits.
One of the new NJ proposal is if your moving into NJ you have to register all firearms. If you possess a firearm that is on the BAD list you will have to surrend it.

NJ has proposed a lot new regulations for law abiding owners. If are passing through read ahead.

Or bury it just over the line. lol

You might start by making massive “donations” to the controlling party.

2 Likes

Periodically, I ask my Florida Legislators why a New York Drivers License is valid in Florida when a Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License is not valid in New York?

5 Likes

Because they have no control over that.

They could pass a law that invalidates all licenses from States that do not honor our Concealed Carry Licenses.

Constitutional Carry States could to the same. It is a Constitutional principle that we do not lose citizenship rights traveling from state to state, so why not put pressure on states attempt do do so.

2 Likes

In a word, politics. If FL passed a law saying NY drivers license are invalid then NY would reciprocate. For instance, CA has a larger economy than many nations. Imagine the ppl that voted for you not getting that purple unicorn all their daughters want that has to pass through the CA port of entry?!

hmm, five ways to p1$$ off a cop, and maybe get arrested for impersonating a LEO. Even if the charges eventually get dropped, you still get to enjoy the cuffs , back seat cage ride, local facility incarceration, bail process, and name in the local news.
Go for it!

Pissing off a cop isn’t against the law and can open him and the department up to being sued. Not a fun process at any point. Still, A cop still has to follow the law. ALWAYS record any interactions with cops. Just like talking to them, ALWAYS have a lawyer present.

It might not read like it but I’m more pro cop than it reads.

They could, but would that really be helpful?

That would reduce reciprocity.

That would punish people who live in other states who now cannot carry when they visit yours.

Is that really what we should be going for?

1 Like

Hi Shamrock, the impossibility factor varies county to county. In central cal it’s not uncommon to have many ccw holders. In Kern I think last I heard something like 13,000 permit holders. Similar number in Fresno County I think. I’d be interested to hear the counties from those in locations who have been through the application process and denied.

Hi @Elgie1 I was referring to out of staters getting a CCW in CA. I’ve never heard of it being done without significant cash changing hands or as a favor to someone considered important or their body guards.

If you know of a county in CA that is not denying the 2A rights of regular out of state residents I definitely would like to know about that.

1 Like

Oh, first off I misunderstood. I thought you lived in CA. In California the County sheriff is tasked with the issuance of permits, the permit is good state-wide but each county sheriff sets his own policy. So a procedure for out of state residents is probably non existent. As far as out of state permits I’m uninformed. I also have an AZ permit but their system is statewide.

1 Like

Looking at the California details on the USCCA Reciprocity Map shows

An applicant must:

Be a resident of the county or work in the county;

The implication of that requirement is that out-of-state licenses are only available for those who actually work in the county in which they apply.

The Handgunlaw.US California page gives more detail no the requirement:

(3) The applicant is a resident of the county or a city within the county, or the applicant’s principal place of employment or business is in the county or a city within the county and the applicant spends a substantial period of time in that place of employment or business.

3 Likes

Good info.