Opening Up America!

Well it looks like some states are taking more measured approaches to opening up their states.

Case in point Texas has a prudent and well conceived plan. How about in your neck of the woods? https://www.texastribune.org/2020/04/27/texas-reopening-coronavirus-greg-abbott/

No sadly we do not live in the Free state of Texas, not yet at least. However it is something to aspire towards. Contrast Texas with Commie-fornia’s Newscum’s Radical Left agenda deliberately delaying reopening https://www.ocregister.com/2020/04/24/the-left-wing-agenda-of-newsoms-reopening-task-force/?fbclid=IwAR0NGn3QkuKwD0iykakbP66_ouUaKm9htVlVrPHT5eH-R6zrrRXNTNHHvoY

For everyone else, chime in and share what is your state doing to reopen?

2 Likes

Slowly but surely. But Birmingham, Alabama City Council. Just made it a crime to be in public without a mask (if you are over the age of 2). Punishable by a $500 fine or 30 days in jail. Thank God I don’t live in Birmingham.

Also, some dumb a$$ has decided wearing a clansman hood was a great idea so now they are wanting to legislate that. I think the hood is stupid especially in what is the 4th Blackest city in America (not my words, those are the mayor of Birminghams words).

Idiocracy, the movie was meant as a comedy right? Not a documentary?

3 Likes

Will raise you! In our neck the woods if you do not wear a mask in public you get a $1,000 fine plus possible jail time!! But it gets better, our prisons are so overcrowded so the Liberal geniuses feel we need to ‘protect inmates’ from Cov-19. Thus inmates still serving time are now being RELEASED INTO THE PUBLIC. What about protecting the general public from I don’t know, criminals?? But hey, the Commie-fornia leadership (looking at you alcoholic Pelosi) knows best. :thinking: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I got to tell you, this mask shinola makes me so unfreakingcomfortable that the very few times I have gone out. I have stopped at the door and let the manager know I was coming in. I can’t imagine the stress of working at a Stop n Rob right now.

4 Likes

Illinois isn’t really opening, yet. But, a judge has ruled the Governor has overstepped his authority in the latest extension. We shall see what happens.

4 Likes

We are OK in Shawano, things have never changed much. We had 8 cases and no deaths.
We went shopping at a larger grocery store and it had about 100 people in the store, so rather crowded. Only about 25% of people wearing masks.
The Smoke Shop across the street had been allowing 1 customer in at a time then they were closed, now they are only allowed to do curb side business. The states have been trying to shut down Tobacco Shops for years because customers do not have to pay state taxes.
Our Sheriff has stated he will not enforce unconstitutional rules from the governor, and he is sticking to it.
Out “stay at home order” was extended to May 25 and is being contested in the State Supreme Court. And so we plug on. Stay safe, Bruce and Nancy. :+1:

4 Likes

Kentucky is looking at slowly opening starting May 11. Folks are being asked to wear masks where social distancing is impractical without any legal penalties. However, merchants are encouraged to require customers to wear masks and can refuse to serve those who do not.

1 Like

Ohio starts opening up May 1. Offices, doctors offices, etc. No restaurants, barber shops, etc.
Have to wear a mask at all times in a store–workers and customers. All makes sense, still asking people to stay home if they have the ability to.
Unable to have my birthday fishing excursion to Lake Erie Saturday due to the 6’ requirements. Oh well. Hopefully, they’ll be other birthdays. lol

2 Likes

Happy Birthday!

1 Like

Mat 15th is a loose target in Central NY a few hours from the city. We could have started a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Thanks brother.

1 Like

Louisiana was up for parole the other day, it was denied. Next hearing is May 15…

2 Likes

Well if you look at the Obama administration, H1N!/swine flue wasn’t announced publically in March of 2009. OBama never told the American people till October of 2009,. He was more interested in his political career than American lives. In contrast. Trump had announced almost immediately we were in the midst of a pandemic, so they shut down the economy, which I totally disagree with,. But if you look at both Obama was more interested in his political career and Trump is more interested in our health. Go figure. But I did state to the POTUS that a law should be passed that disallows shutting down the economy. It does more harm than the virus itself. Agreed?

2 Likes

It was meant to be a comedy… :frowning:

2 Likes

I love Birmingham’s Mayor and City Council. Governor starts easing some of the restrictions. Mayor and City Council decide to. BTW in case I was to subtle the above was sarcasm. Thank God I don’t live in Birmingham.

1. Masks have to be worn in public, by ANYONE over the age of 2. Hope your 2 y/o is having a cooperative day. Or you get $500 or 30 days in jail. The same jail they have been releasing convicted criminals serving time because they have worries about the inmates and the jails being incubation spaces for Covid 19.

2. Went entire quarantine without a curfew, start easing the quarantine, we now have a curfew.

Reasoning. Mayor’s words not mine. “Birmingham is the 4th Blackest city in America and Covid 19 is disproportionately targeting the Black community”.

UAB one of the best research hospitals in the country has had a successful drug treatment by Dr. Fauci that drastically shortens Covid 19 cycle of infection. Is in trials now. As of yesterday there were 0 cases of Covid 19 statewide.

1 Like