Is it or is it not a felony

is it or is it not a felony to wear a mask while either ccw or open carry in mississippi

2 Likes

During COVID, not a felony. You should wear a mask. Is it a nice hot blistery day? Is it a cold wintery night? Why are you wearing the mask? Are you attempting to bring attention to yourself?

3 Likes

Is it a felony otherwise? Weird that a governor can just suspend felonies.

2 Likes

Not sure but I can tell you that here in VA the protesters were open carrying with masks on and nothing was said and there was even a clip in the news showing it. But that was a peaceful protest.

1 Like

I can’t find any reference to Mississippi having any anti-mask statutes.

1 Like

Louisiana has a law AGAINST wearing masks in ANY circumstance.

But a police officer would obviously use discretion[Hopefully] if you had a medical mask on during these times. Matter of fact, I think they would use discretion for here on out…

4 Likes

California and Illinois are two states that have specific statutes about carrying a firearm while wearing a mask.

@Randall318, Louisiana does make the exception for medical purposes in their statutes.

6 Likes

Had a similar topic covered in April…

2 Likes

And Illinois “relaxed” theirs. I’m still not wearing one.

3 Likes

I’ve not worn a mask nor been asked to wear one…thankfully.

But I don’t condemn others who chose to wear one. Feel they are doing the same thing I am.

I’m just protecting myself with a gun.

1 Like

Indeed, and do not forget, many governors declared those who protested against draconian tyrannical shut down orders a danger to the nation… a threat… spreading the virus…

That suddenly became totally curable and not a problem for the ‘riots, looters, and protesters’ that a out violating curfews and looting and burning.

2 Likes

You could be in Virginia with Governor Blackface Northam… and for over two months a mask was NOT required to go to Walmart or CVS or any other pharmacy or store… but as of last Friday, a mask is now required by law.

Hmmmm.

Rioters and looters are OK, but do not get caught trying to go to church and after over two months… do not get caught trying to shop without a mask.

Forest Gump had it right… ‘Stupid is as Stupid Does’

3 Likes

thank you all great replys

1 Like