Old friend returns with questions

Hey y’all I have returned and boy this site is now different. Question #1. I bought a .32 caliber S&W revolver. After bringing it home found out it was a .32-20 Winchester caliber pistol. And I was thinking originally my lovely wife could shoot it. Well first of all can’t find ammo for it available. Second it is in a rifle caliber. Third no one has reload cases for the round. Fourth found ammo in original boxes for $150 for the 2 boxes he had. It was a 1905 first or second edition pistol. My son talked with and argued I couldn’t afford to shoot it. Sigh. He contacted a buddy of his who was interested in firearms to see if he would make a deal to take it off my hands. After my son sent pictures he replied does he want another pistol at maybe an ar. My son tied me into a chat group. He asked me and I said I wouldn’t mind an AR but not high on my bucket list. He offered me one that my son had shot straight trade. So I now have an AR and no S&W pistol. To y’all what do you think of the trade? As far as CCW I have 2 a may use to carry a cz-82 in 9mak or a .32 cal j frame size i.n.a.el tigre in .32 ina (S&W long) 6 shot revolver. Small light and ez on the hips.

4 Likes

First, good to hear you. Unless you are a collector of rare arms, I think your trade was a good one.

3 Likes

Sir,you can never go wrong with an AR.

4 Likes

Your S&W sounds like a great pistol…for a collector. If you’re more of a “shooting” kind of guy (I am) then you made a good deal.

3 Likes

Joe, Welcome home.
My belief is you made a stellar trade.
A Collector’s item, with expensive ammo would have curtailed training.
An AR trade is a trade up for you. Plentiful (relatively cheap ammo), parts galore Toys galore
Job well done.
Now’s not the time to have a Revolver alone as your SD hardware.
Why in Battle do you think things are so standardized?
.556, 9mm, 7.62x39?
So, we could get plentiful same same ammo from our dead adversaries.
You don’t go to war w/ a weapon that has obscure hard to find ammo
you go with what both sides have.
Before my most recent Boating Accident ( A still fresh tragedy please don’t ask :crazy_face:)
I had an AK and an AR for my main Battle weapons and a few handguns that took 9mm.
Having that AR now you also have the advantage of having plenty of ‘Magged’ ammo @ the ready. There is no greater feeling for your bolt to fly back, you insert another (30) rounder and you are good to go.
I love revolvers, always have. but Not in Battle. My adrenaline is pumping, enemy breached the gates I fire off a quick (6 or7) then I have to load by hand? or a Speedy? No Sir.
Drop the mag , reload and I have (17) more in seconds or (30-40-60! Holy Crap!) a better deal.

WWG1WGA
No step ona snek

4 Likes

I think you did well.
I’m guessing we’re about the same age. At this point, there’s no use in owning rare items I won’t enjoy.

1 Like